Windows on convertible: work from console switch but not individually

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rdspicer
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane (2) 2.0 petrol, convertible

Windows on convertible: work from console switch but not individually

Postby rdspicer » Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi
I have a very strange situation with my electric windows in my Megane.
Firstly, I am driving a 2005 2.0 petrol cabriolet Megane (2).

When I press the centre console button to lower or raise all 4 windows together, all 4 windows respond as expected. However when I press the individual window buttons or from the main driver console, nothing happens.

I have taken the switches out from the driver’s main console and put a multimeter across the points to check if the switches are still working and it seems they are. It is also very suspicious that all 4 individual buttons do not work at the same time. I have also checked all the fuses inside the car and they are all fine.

So as far as I understand the fault cannot lie with the window control module that is attached to each window motor (Temic?) as the windows go up/down using the centre console button, and the fuses seem to be ok. Is it a problem with the computer or connections to the computer that control the windows? Something else? Where do the wires from the window switches go?

If anyone can offer any advice it will be greatly appreciated as I am fast running out of ideas.
Thanks
Ryan

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Windows on convertible: work from console switch but not individually

Postby grandadbobby » Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi,
just been working on my windows ( again ). They are very prone to connection problems at the temics and it's been a long wet winter.
I can only advise to clean thoroughly all the connectors for the temics, costs nothing but a pain l know.
Got mine working ( again ) can only hope you do too.
Bet your boots it's just one connection somewhere, probably in the drivers door, used the most.
Good luck
Bob.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Windows on convertible: work from console switch but not individually

Postby grandadbobby » Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi,
further to the above, having got mine working the other day, today my window went down whether pressed up or down.
I saw something on line and it worked ( least for now )
Sat in the car and double locked it. Unlocked it, opened the door, started engine and then the windows worked again.
I've a suspicion that my interior multiplex wants looking at, but for now at least, it's working.
Worth a try for you.
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”