Check Injection System 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

RennieFlem
Currently Drives:: 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86), 1461CC Diesel, 3DR, Manual

Check Injection System 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86)

Postby RennieFlem » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello,

Apologies if none of this make sense I'm not the greatest with cars! :banghead

This morning my car started as expected but gave me the "Check Injection System" message on the dash however it seemed to start fine. I then stopped the car and tried to start it again after a few moments and it struggled this time and needed a few pumps of the accelerator to wake it up.

The car was fine on the 20 minute drive this morning with no noises or any indications it had any issue bar the warning light.

At the time I still had 120 miles in the tank and it wasn't very cold at the time (Enjoying the heatwave currently!)

I've read online it could be anything from fuel injectors to glow plugs so I was wondering if someone could advise on my model of Megane if possible.

2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86), 1461CC Diesel, 3DR, Manual (Not sure the exact millage as I'm in the office but I think 80/90k)

Any advise is welcomed before I have to take it to a garage and my main concern is I'm not doing any additional damage by driving it still!

Thank you!

Ben :pc

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Check Injection System 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86)

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Ben,
if you want to know what this is or maybe fix it yourself you need to read the fault code stored in it's computer.
The guessing game can cost a fortune.
There are cheap code readers on ebay etc, but if you need to get one, get one that reads the body computer also.
The first time you use it, you've got your money back when you consider the charges made by some garages for diagnostics.
Good luck
Bob.

RennieFlem
Currently Drives:: 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86), 1461CC Diesel, 3DR, Manual

Re: Check Injection System 2010 Renault Megane Expression Dci (86)

Postby RennieFlem » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks Bob!

If the problem persists tomorrow I will invest in a code reader.

Thanks for your assistance :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”