OSF roof Knocking noise

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TeessideMegane
Currently Drives:: Renault Megan cc petrol 1.6

OSF roof Knocking noise

Postby TeessideMegane » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi everyone hope you can shed some help with my Megane 2 cc. Problem as follows. If I am driving slow over a speed bump ie 20mph I get this god awful loud metallic Klunk from the osf section of the roof. This noise has been going on for some time now over the winter. Now with a bit of hot weather I've had the roof back and behold no horrible knocking. I've removed the plastic covers for the roof section and with someone sat in the passenger seat have narrowed it down to the latching mechanism on left hand side. Can I adjust anything on this side to fix it. There is a set of rubbers on each side and they look worn. I'm reluctant to tight any screws in case I knock anything out of alignment.
Megan 1.6 petrol dynamic vvt

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: OSF roof Knocking noise

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:20 pm

My nsf latch came loose a few years ago. I just tightened a screw or two (I can't remember exactly) on the bit on the top of the windscreen surround that the roof catch connects to and it has been fine ever since.

TeessideMegane
Currently Drives:: Renault Megan cc petrol 1.6

Re: OSF roof Knocking noise

Postby TeessideMegane » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:19 pm

After finally getting a chance to look at the car again I removed the front panel above the windscreen. I measured the position of the osf roof catch holder and it had moved 1mm out. I dropped it down by 1mm and now only a small knock if a go over a very bad bump in the road. Hopefully I've cured it and can drive in peace. All I have to do now is fix the osf window motor now.

Return to “Problems / Questions”