Check Injection System Fault

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Madassmax
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 130dci GT 1.6 GT Sport

Check Injection System Fault

Postby Madassmax » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi, I'm a new Megane owner, had a 19 16V 20 years ago and now returned to the fold :-)

Bought this 2013 3 months ago and unfortunately had a succession of faults and the orange spanner flashing up at me whilst driving around. Previous ones have vanished (although I think they may have been linked to the DPF needing a regen).
I've currently got a fault on the dash saying there's a fault in the injection system, been there for 7 days now, tried a few good high rev runs down the motorway but not cleared. I've now plugged a OBD scanner in and got fault code P0470 which seems to relate to an exhaust pressure senor circuit malfunction (pending) and I'm alittle confused as to how that relates to the injection system.

Looked over some forums and going to try take the EGR and clean that up. Just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this at all and if there was anything else I could look at. I've also seen mention of pipes from the DPF blocking.

Thanks

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Check Injection System Fault

Postby ChrisM » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:40 pm

I think "check injection" is a generic Renault system notification my old 2004 DCI use to come up with this for a downed glow plug. VW seem to use the glow plug coil warning for any engine fault.
I am guessing its a manufacturer thing to stop you self diagnosing

Return to “Megane III”