Megane cc gt line parking sensors question

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Megane cc gt line parking sensors question

Postby ChrisM » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Just moved up to this from a mk2 cc. Thought I would pop into this forum from the megane cc forum as its more relevant to you guys.
I am guess the hatch will work the same as the cc and concerns rear sensors (factory fit)
1: when going into reverse parking sensors activate are they then suppose to mute or lower audio volume.
2: is there a parking image that shows on the TomTom screen to let you visually see where the closest obstical is for example driver corner , I don't mean a camera but type of diagram version with different colour bars.
I find it strange that mine being a factory fit are not integrated with the cars media system I just get the bleeps which with the radio/CD playing are impossible to hear the hand book is not clear at all about the mute but does kind of indicate an image, my wife's 2007 pugeot mutes radio and puts image up on dash yet my 2011 meg doesn't I do find that odd.
Any ideas?

copas
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe MK3

Re: Megane cc gt line parking sensors question

Postby copas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Chris,

Don’t know about the CC but I have a mk3 2010 i-music coupe. This has factory fitted sensors but no sat nav or multimedia display. The parking sensor settings can be altered from the menu via the buttons on the end of the right hand steering wheel stalk. You go into the settings menu and there’s a check box to turn sensors on/off. The next scroll down setting allows you to set volume 1 to 5 (5 being loudest). Its not ideal and a automatic interrupt or radio volume reduction would be better but on setting 4 and 5 you can easily hear it over the radio unless the radio/cd volume is very high. I have not come across any auto /mute settings on mine.I would guess your CC has a similar 1 to 5 set up if there is no mute/radio override in place.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Megane cc gt line parking sensors question

Postby ChrisM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

No mute...
Spoke to a renault salesman when picking up it's cambelt,
He's been there decades his answer has it a reverse camera thats the key well it hasn't so he said yep they are s@#t factory fit but no media contact we fielded lots of customer complaints on that subject you have to manually mute, cheap fitting from renault he thinks they where around £350 to add on if I had a camera it takes over nav screen you gwt a rear image but you can also see the usual image as well with the coloured bars.. anoying really I now have an 11plate gt line, my wife has an 07 plate 307cc with better rear sensors. Renault cheapskate.

Return to “Megane III”