The mother of Window Faults

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Nick22
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 CC

The mother of Window Faults

Postby Nick22 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 am

Hi all,
I have a 55 plate Megane II CC. Drivers window stuck open 3 weeks ago for the second time (the first time I fixed it by changing the regulator) and decided to take it to Renault dealership to try my luck with a quote from them....They quoted £600 so I naturally took the car back at home to fit a new regulator myself. FYI the motor made the clicking sound when trying to operate the window apparently indicating that this was a regulator fault (please correct me if I am wrong). To cut a long story short since then I have bought a new regulator, a used door wiring loom, a used drivers switch module (as a technician or myself broke it in the process) and a used motor/regulator/glass railing system. The window is still stuck... Do you have any suggestions? I read somewhere that there is another unit somewhere behind the glove box that could contribute to the fault? I just hope it is not the wiring loom inside the vehicle as I suspect it is going to be a loooong job... Also could it be something Renault dealership did in order to disable functionality until they fix the issue? (Mind you the motor made the clicking sound before I dropped the car to Renault but not any more...)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Also if an electrician wants to take on the job please let me know!

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: The mother of Window Faults

Postby AlexB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 pm

The motor was making a clicking noise because one of power pins in the connector to the regulator was corroded and burnt. As I understand, it attempts to operate, but then looses the contact as the pin overheats. It can be also the connector between the door and A-pillar. The clicking stopped probably because the garage broke something including the door switch, possibly blew or pulled the fuses as well.

The fix usually involves a second-hand regulator, plus cleaning the connectors. I never had experience with a CC though.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”