1.9dci fueling problem head scratcher

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

welbeck
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9dci

1.9dci fueling problem head scratcher

Postby welbeck » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:37 pm

I've had my car 3 years and other than an electrical and EGR problem when I first got it, it's been faultless. I had it remapped for economy and was getting 50+ round town and up to 73 on a long run. Anyway after having it remapped if I poked it too hard it would put the STOP light on and say injection fault, I was told it was overboosting because of the remap and as long as I wasn't to aggressive it would be fine, which it was.
Anyway I was driving down the A1, I went to overtake, not particularly aggressively when the stop light came on, I was able to stop the car restart it and carry on, it did it again a short while later while I was overtaking rather cautiously then a third time while I was just driving, luckily there was a lay-by close by that I managed to get to. The car would start but when I revved it it would only go up to 2500 revs, if I tried to go any higher it would just cut out and stop light come on, strangely I noticed the engine noise got quieter as the revs went up, if I blipped the throttle up to 2500 then tried again it would only go to 1500 then the stop light would come on.
On getting it home my pet grease monkey thought it was something in the fuel tank so that was emptied and cleaned, no change, then the HP diesel pump was changed, no different, the injections were checked for their flow and were seen to be on their way out so they were changed but still the same although it started better. Now my grease monkey told me that there's a valve (fuel pressure regulator) on the outside of the fuel pump that was damaged on the replacement so he took the old one off and put it on the replacement pump and I'm thinking it could possibly be that.
Has anybody else had a similar problem or shine a light on mine. Please it's killing me

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: 1.9dci fueling problem head scratcher

Postby grandadbobby » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi,
does it have any fault codes?
are you sure air isn't entering the system?
it's not mentioned, but presumably the fuel filter has been done.
Personally, l don't know about re-mapping, but it sounds like that's when your troubles started, l would have a word with them.
Bob.

welbeck
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9dci

Re: 1.9dci fueling problem head scratcher

Postby welbeck » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 pm

grandadbobby wrote:Hi,
does it have any fault codes?
are you sure air isn't entering the system?
it's not mentioned, but presumably the fuel filter has been done.
Personally, l don't know about re-mapping, but it sounds like that's when your troubles started, l would have a word with them.
Bob.

Yes the filter was changed, there's no air leak and no codes. Due to how long ago it was remapped I don't think that's the problem or it would have surfaced long ago.

Return to “Problems / Questions”