MK2 questions regarding fixes

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mordock
Currently Drives:: Megane MK2 1.6dci

MK2 questions regarding fixes

Postby Mordock » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:18 am

Hey guys.

TD;DL at the bottom

I finally bought a megane MK2 1.6dci last month, I was very happy because I've wanted one for a long time, and I am happy to say that I'm part of the club :)

But first things first, it's an 07 mk2 with 73000 miles, I got it at a dealership in the UK, and when I got it my wife noticed that the rear passenger window wouldn't go down, I called it to the salesman's attention and he said that it was no big deal as it was probably just the module and it would be a cheap fix, I agreed to take the car for a test drive under the condition that he would fix the window if I ended up buying it.

I went for a test drive and I noticed that when I was shifting gears it seemed to revv a bit before the RPMs would go down, but I dismissed it as it being me not clutching properly​ and leaving the foot on the throttle.

Because I really wanted the car, I took it home, and I was really happy, then, looked through all of the paperwork and couldn't find anything stating that the timing belt had been done, so I contacted the dealer and questioned him about it, he said that he didn't know and that it didn't had any record of it being changed, (I should had asked) so I should do it ASAP, and he offered to do it for £400, I said that it sounded good and was going to get it fixed as soon as I could afford it, but that meanwhile I would appreciate the window being done, he ordered the part 2 weeks before and it had just arrived, so I took the car there for it to be fixed, after 3 days he told me that he had the wrong part and that he had to order a new window module, so I collected the car, and a week later when the part arrived I did both the timing belt and water pump plus he had the window fixed as well, after the job was done he told me that it was just a poor connection after all and that nothing was faulty.

After I got home I noticed that the window didn't go down if I press the button fully, but only if I press it half way down or up, as soon as I press it fully the window locks and stops whatever action it is doing, I texted him saying that the window was still faulty, he replied by saying that it wasn't a fault but a different control module and that it goes up and down therefore it's fully functional...

At the same time I started noticing that something was off when I clutched, as the car revvs up by 100-300 RPM before it starts going down...It's hard to reproduce as it doesn't happen all the time and it varies in severity, and I'm 100% sure it's not me leaving the foot on the throttle while clutching I've took this problem to the dealer an he told me it was normal and that I was being paranoid.

I'm really upset about it as I absolutely love the car, how much do you guys think that I will have to spend to fix all of these problems? Is there something that the dealer should be doing differently? Should I be doing something differently? Honestly I feel like a schmuck, I wanted the car so bad that I ended up ignoring a lot of stuff...

TD;DL
Brought car with rear window not working, dealer offered to fix it, window only goes down/up with button half pressed, dealer says it's fixed.
Car revving up 100-300RPM when clutching, dealer says it's normal.
Dealer forgot to mention that timing belt hadn't been changed already spent £400 on the car.
What should I do? How much will I spend to fix everything?

Thanks for reading guys :)

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: MK2 questions regarding fixes

Postby craigyt » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:16 am

Reguards the window thing, he has used an ebay window reg midule as theyre only 25quid not 200quid for a genuine one.

Yes it works up and down but you loose your one touch open and close and total closure on the key card. Nit a big problem but just make sure you clise them before you leave the car. As for the revving up, it could be a faulty clutch switch, few quid from the dealer

Mordock
Currently Drives:: Megane MK2 1.6dci

Re: MK2 questions regarding fixes

Postby Mordock » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 am

craigyt wrote:Reguards the window thing, he has used an ebay window reg midule as theyre only 25quid not 200quid for a genuine one.

Yes it works up and down but you loose your one touch open and close and total closure on the key card. Nit a big problem but just make sure you clise them before you leave the car. As for the revving up, it could be a faulty clutch switch, few quid from the dealer

Thanks so much for replying.

Yeah, that makes sense, that's why he told that it was a cheap fix, I wasn't aware that I was going to lose functionality tho, so either he lied to me by saying that in the end he didn't replace it, or there was an eBay module already installed... You're right, it's not a big deal, just not what I expected by it being fixed...

In regards to the revving, I already replaced the clutch switch with one from Amazon, it didn't fix it, any other ideas?

Again thank you for replying, it means a lot as I had no idea where to start looking at the this :) appreciate it

Return to “Problems / Questions”