Changing the battery and radio (also LED lights question)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Inimbrium
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Mégane 1.6 Convertible Manual
1998 Renault Mégane Scenic 1.6 Manual

Changing the battery and radio (also LED lights question)

Postby Inimbrium » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi all

If I were to take the battery off, or take the radio off my 2006 megane convertible 1.6 will it forget the code and will i have to re-enter it? Is there a way to make it show me the code before removing the power?

Also, I have another question that I didn't get any replies for in modifications:
So I like the idea of having brighter, bluer lights, but I don't want to spend too much, so HID Xenons are out of the question. I've found some LED ones on ebay.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good/reliable? Are they easy to fit? Or are they compatible at all?
They seem to have fans. does that mean I don't put the plastic cap on at the back of the headlight? I'm worried water/dirt will get in.
I want to replace both the dipped beam and full beam. Also the side lights.

Here are the links:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152042075143? ... Tags=bu=bu
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152441302961? ... Tags=bu=bu

Cheers for any info.

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: Changing the battery and radio (also LED lights question)

Postby craigyt » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I have just bought some led bulbs, fitted one to see how they look and they are the perfect colour to look like xenons.

If you disconnect the battery if will lose the radio code. If you can get the radio out there is a code on the side and if you search youtube there is a video with all the codes for every serial number on the radios.

Return to “Problems / Questions”