Toxic fume warning light after accident

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sunshineman

Toxic fume warning light after accident

Postby sunshineman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am

Hi, the other day i had a car reverse into me, he was doing about ten miles an hour. God knows how he did not see me. Anyway, as soon as he hit me the computer said automatic light failure. Then it went off when i started the engine again. When i was driving home, the toxic fumes warning light came on. I have tried resetting it but it will not go off.

I have a renault megane dynamique 2006. I phoned my insurance company up, in the Uk and they are being a pain. The damage to the car is a dint in the bumber but as soon as i said about the toxic warning light they said the car will be written off. I do not want that to happen, so i am just checking if anyone knows why the warning light came on after the accident and what i can do to fix it and how much it would cost.

I am trying to fight my insurance company from writing off the car as i have only just bought it a couple of months ago. It is an automatic convertable. If anyone could help me with advice on what the problem is and how to solve it, and if anyone has had any dealing with uk insurance companies who try and write off the car then that would be great.

They have not even looked at the car yet, this has all been done over the phone

triumph2.5man
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Mondeo TDCI mk3 2002
Pug 307HDI90 1.6 (family car)
Megane II dynamique 1.5dci 722 engine 2003
Ford Galaxy 115bhp 2002 (family car)
Megane 3 1.5dci 2009 832 engine (family car)

Re: Toxic fume warning light after accident

Postby triumph2.5man » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi Sunny! Petrol or diesel? Engine size?
Mike

sunshineman

Re: Toxic fume warning light after accident

Postby sunshineman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 pm

It is petrol.

Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
1598 cc
CO₂Emissions
187 g/km

Return to “Problems / Questions”