window and central locking

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fishermanferg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6vvt dynamique

window and central locking

Postby fishermanferg » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:17 am

ive just bought a used megane 11 56 plate from evans halshaw it was one of their runabout cars they gave me a 30 day warranty not sure what it covers but my passenger offside window wont work any advice and ive noticed sometimes the central locking goes off and on and off and on sometimes

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: window and central locking

Postby taffyhl » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:02 pm

A cheap Megane which already has electrical issues?? My advice is to take it back whilst you still can! ;-)

Window probably the Temic unit has suffered from water ingress. Cheap to fix if you are handy with a spanner - search you tube for Megane window fault or similar. Even if Renault pay towards it, it will still be cheaper to repair yourself.

Central locking playing up...could be water ingress again, dodgy earth/connection.

fishermanferg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6vvt dynamique

Postby fishermanferg » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 pm

will get round to taking door card of and having a look fir water ingress what is temic unit is it a module of some sort as for the central locking have realised that if one door or boot is not closed properly this is what it does went to lock car and it just kept going off and on opened and closed all doors it locked no bother

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Many members have used this bloke:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-SCENIC-CC-COUPE-WINDOW-TEMIC-MOTOR-MODULE-REPAIR-/252101650380?hash=item3ab26de7cc

including myself. Fast turnaround and cheaper than Renault (even with their contribution).

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Problems / Questions”