Help with a part's name please

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ihatefrenchcars
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.9 DCI

Help with a part's name please

Postby Ihatefrenchcars » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope I am not going about this the wrong way and not accordingly with the forum rules.

I have a 52 reg megane. It's a 1.9 Dci. Firstly I am struggling to find out what the part that clips into the top of the piston is called( the one with the diesel fuel line) as one of them has snapped. Secondly, this car hasn't got a fuel primer. It has a clear pipe that runs straight into the filter. The other day I was changing the washers pump and noticed it was loose. I stupidly took it a part and then put it back together and tightened it. Since then, obviously it gathered trapped air in the system. Oh and my battery is dead too from cranking it up!!! Now the question is, can I drain the air out from just before the injector? Which what one of my friends suggested. Please help and thanks in advance.

Ihatefrenchcars
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.9 DCI

Re: Help with a part's name please

Postby Ihatefrenchcars » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Well, I have found the part. It's the 180 degrees connector that connects the leak off pipe to the injector. Going to try it and see how it goes. Maybe I am talking to myself on here. But someone might find this helpful. Althought I personally think that French cars shouldn't be allowed in the uk!!! Lol

Return to “Parts and Accessories”