2 x problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lambe48
Currently Drives:: 2006 1.5 dci

2 x problems

Postby lambe48 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 am

morning lads, bought the car a few weeks ago, sometimes on tickover it runs very rough, other times its fine, no problems when driving, added a bottle of injection cleaner last week to diesel, no difference. by the way its a 2006 1.5 dci, other problem is 2 days ago the dipped headlight went out, within 24 hrs the other dipped headlight went out, very strange or just bad luck, all other lights fine, only asking the members if anyone else as had this problem as i have found out what a pain it is to change the bulbs. regards paul.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: 2 x problems

Postby taffyhl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:41 pm

On the first issue - I also get occasionally shaky idling, ususally after a long motorway run. Other times it's fine. Cleaning the EGR valve and associated pipework may well help so I would start there.

Regarding the bulbs - same happended to me. One went then a week later the other went. Since then neither has blown thankfully. Drivers side was easy to change, the passenger side ended up as a bumper off job as I dropped the clip!

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm

it's always best to replace bulbs in pairs. as you've already experienced, the other will eventually go soon. i was told ages ago (and might not be an issue on modern cars) it's due to the working bulb receiving a bit more power than usual (due to the other side being dead) and stressing the element.

lambe48
Currently Drives:: 2006 1.5 dci

Postby lambe48 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 pm

thanks lads for the advice, hate the words egr valve, last car mondeo diesel, had loads of problems with. :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”