Should I change the 'lamps' myself?

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Quin452
Currently Drives:: 1.5 Diesel Megane 04

Should I change the 'lamps' myself?

Postby Quin452 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am

Hi guys

I bought my 2004 1.5 DCi Megane just over a week ago, and I've spent about £60 in taking it to the garage to get various things fixed (mainly bulbs), but there are two things which needed new parts; I'm not complaining about that, I'm supporting my local businesses, and they've helped me identify various parts of the car which aren't working correctly.

The first is the high-level stop light, and the second is the front left headlamp.

The stop light is because it is a LED strip (so I've been told) and it fairly easy, but the headlamp is more difficult due to getting under the wheel, etc. The reason this needs to be replaced is because the motor doesn't work - the light has dropped down and points to the road, lower than the lowest setting.

Are these easy jobs (I've never done such a thing before, but I'll know when I'm out of my depth), or should I just get the mechanic to do it (for another £30 if 30 mins). I just don't fancy waiting until Friday.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Should I change the 'lamps' myself?

Postby freelanderuk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:22 pm

for the head light its front bumper off , then you are able to remove the light unit
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: Should I change the 'lamps' myself?

Postby MilosB » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 pm

and I would check weither it is really broken, or only fallen of the mounting in the housing/motor.
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Parts and Accessories”