Ruff ride!!!

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Funkycoldmadina
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport 225 Cup

Ruff ride!!!

Postby Funkycoldmadina » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 am

Ladies and Gents, Hello.
As as owner of an 06 225 cup sometimes it necessary to get your hands dirty as you all may know.
Recently i've been having trouble with my ABS sensors and decided to disconnect them until i purchased the new ones and replaced.
Unfortunately this has taken some time and having to use the car on a regular basis, once said sensor were replaced the car has developed a ruff ride.
Would anyone have any ideas to what could have caused this and any way of resolving the issue.
The cams and auxilliarys are in need of replacment, although unsure whether this would have and effect on the smoothness of the drive.
The idle is good although some injectors are needed.

Many thanks.

Funky.

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Ruff ride!!!

Postby Paddy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:13 pm

A so called 'rough ride' is a hard thing to diagnose on the fly...

It could well just be a coincidence that it is in time with the ABS.

I don't suppose you know anyone with a CLIP (Diagnostics) it would we a sure fire way to tell you exactly what your problems is.

Funkycoldmadina

Postby Funkycoldmadina » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:12 pm

No paddy!!
But as most us that drive Renault's know with these cars it's necessity that one should purchased a.s.a.p.
I'll keep you posted.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:01 pm

When were the oil, oil filter, air filter and the spark plugs replaced the last two times? Did you use a special fluorine dielectric grease when installing the coils? Your cam belt seems to be long overdue. As it is a sports car, once can say that it has already doubled its service life. How often do you use a non-premium type of petrol? How is the car driven: short/long journeys, warming up before driving, taking the engine to 6000rpm?

Please check the oil (level, usage per 1000 miles, and condition) and the condition of the spark plugs. These things tell much about the health of the engine. You also need to check the fuel usage (MPG at steady 70mph) and performance (0-60 time), but I wouldn't advise doing it with the worn belts.

My first guess would be to check the ignition coils... Let's wait for your reply, anyway.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Funkycoldmadina

Postby Funkycoldmadina » Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Well ladies and germs it's been a long time coming to reply to your posts, but all I can say is I've been having much to much fun playing with my toy since i got it back. It turns out, although I replaced the faulty injector it was replaced in the wrong position. As i read the injector positions from Left to Right and not Right to Left. Which in turn did not repair the faulty injector and made me look like a complete dick when i took it down to the boys and girls at k-tec racing. :?: Anyway that problem was resolved while i waited for the rest of the news. Which was surprisingly good considering I thought I had something loose in the engine. NB If anyone does have a problem with their injectors it can throw up a number of faults that you wouldn't necessary associate with that fault i.e the injector. :banghead Still it's running a lot better now and with a few alterations should be exactly how I want it be. Until then watch this space.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Ha ha, nice, well done, and a smile from ear to ear - this is what Cups do!

Does yours have launch control and allow left foot braking while on gas? :idea
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Funkycoldmadina

Postby Funkycoldmadina » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Hey Alex, sorry for that late reply. If you mean getting the biting point and throttle just right which allows you pull of at speed yes.
Otherwise unfortunately i do not have a launch control function. Still very satisfying when it happens. ;)
Question Alex if you read this, as you seem to know quite a bit about our cars. I've found two buttons under the steering wheel near the adjuster and haven't figured out what it does. :? Any ideas??

Return to “Megane 225”