Electrical devices won't turn off

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

metoditz
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane @

Electrical devices won't turn off

Postby metoditz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am

Hello,

I am driving a 2004 Megane 2, 1.5dci with a key-card. A few days ago I encountered the following problem: when I parked the card, tuned off the engine and stepped out, all the devices in the middle panel of the car didn't stop operating, i.e. the AC, the CD player and the display showing the time and outside temperature continue to work, thus draining my battery. The car is programmed in such a way that when I remove the card from the card reader and open the driver's door, everything in the car that uses the electricity from the battery stops. No it doesn't. I went to the the local dealer and left the car there for two days but they couldn't find the problem... Has anybody encountered that problem? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Metodi

460316DSG1
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE CC REG 2007 MK 2 1.9 DCI

Re: Electrical devices won't turn off

Postby 460316DSG1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 am

If the fault is not in the Drivers Door (that's the first place I would check as there must be a micro switch in there) this switch sends a signal to the UCH Board the controls everything on the Car ( so my Local Renault Dealer tells me) except the Engine. These Board's are known to have/get intermittent faults? over a period of time.

I had to have a new one fitted to my Car as after three Weeks of owning it I could not Lock/Unlock the Boot Lid plus intermittently could not open Grove Box, Wipers would come on when starting the Engine.

My Dealer has a spare one which they fitted to my Car and the fault s went away. In saying that I still think my new one is not a 100% as some times the Wipers do one wipe (which I am told is correct) and some times they don't do a wipe when starting the Engine!

Of cause it could be a "Dry Joint" on a Connecter? which is what I think mine is.

Hope that may help David Gover

metoditz

Postby metoditz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi, thanks for the answer. The problem is not in the driver's door as I checked this already and it increasingly seems to be the UCH Board. I will have my car checked at least two more places but I guess I may have to buy a new Board in the end :( I will keep you posed on the developments.

metoditz

Postby metoditz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 am

Hi,

The problem was finally solved and it turns out it is a broken relay situated somewhere at the front driver's seat. It is nothing in terms of price but all the time it took to identify the problem is just so annoying.... Thanks for the help and keep in mind this issue if it appears on your vehicle.

Cheers,

Metodi

460316DSG1
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE CC REG 2007 MK 2 1.9 DCI

Postby 460316DSG1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:30 am

Hi. It is great that you have resolved the problem, and lucky it was not the UCH Board as they cost about £300.00!

I will keep that fault in mind just in case it happens to me.

460316DSG1

kiapowmia
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault Megane 1.6 2dr hatchback

Postby kiapowmia » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:04 am

Hello, I’m having this issue, where can i find that relay? If your still there.

Andyrs

Postby Andyrs » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:35 pm

I just had this for the past two weeks. I’ve been detaching the earth from the battery each evening as otherwise it ran flat.

I had some time today so did some investigating. I removed all then cables I could reach in the box by the battery. Nothing wrong there.
Had a look at the fuses in the car, nothing wrong there.

Decided to have a look under the seats and low and behold, one of the green boxes had cooked itself. A properly melted, charred black and crispy box under my seat! I pulled it out and everything is working again, aside from the heated seat.

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that out. I would have ended up taking the dash out before looking there!

jancis07
Currently Drives:: Renoult megane 1.6

Postby jancis07 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello, i have this problem with my renoult megane 2006, and i cant find the micro switch which turns of the dashboard, can you help me?

jancis07
Currently Drives:: Renoult megane 1.6

Postby jancis07 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm

It doesnt turn off whem i open the door and it drains the battery, some mechanics have look'd and couldn't find the problem

Return to “Problems / Questions”