megane 2 popping out of 3rd gear

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jamezmk2
Currently Drives:: renault megane mk2 1.5dci 106

megane 2 popping out of 3rd gear

Postby jamezmk2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi all,

i have trawlled the forum for an answer but cant seem to find one.
I have a megane 2 1.5dci 106.
i recieved the car back (after 3 weeks) from the garage today its had a new gear selector a new clutch a new fly wheel and radiator to the tune of £1800.
when the car broke down on me it poped out of 3rd gear whilst under acceleration and then i had no foreward gears (gear selector) after driving the car about 200 yrds from the garage it poped out of 3rd again but luckily i still have foreward gears this time. the car is booked back in on the 26th to get it checked out but does anyone know what this maybe as to be honest i dont really want to spend a fortune on the car again!! its a great motor and (touch wood) has never let me down before this!!

as i said i have looked on the site but cant find anything but if anyone knows what this is or can direct me to a thread or website (ive tried most of the renault forums) your help would be much appreciated!!

thanks very much

JD

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: megane 2 popping out of 3rd gear

Postby chewbacker » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Hope fully its just a selector cable needing adjusted otherwise I fear they have not replaced all the selecters needed inside the box. Only good point is that its there mistake and should redo the work for free

Return to “Problems / Questions”