card reader

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

archy
Currently Drives:: megane dynamique 1600 2005

card reader

Postby archy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 am

can anyone tell me how to replace card reader and do you have to have it programed to your car as i have bought a secondhand one as i have starting problems cant get ignition up to have a diagnostic result so starting at the begining thanks in advance .

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: card reader

Postby chewbacker » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Have to remove the upper console trims working down the way, there are torx screws behind some trims holding the next trim on. Card readers are not coded. To get the ignition put card in and hold start button without touching any pedals. Takes around 10 seconds until the ignition comes on. Ecu in the engine bay are a common starting fault problem and if the same fault as mine had it wont connect to a obd2 scanner as they only read engine ecu and the fault prevents the ecu powering up hence the start problem. Canclip shows up all the cars ecus and if the engine ecu appears and disappears then its a known fault but there will be no fault codes stored.
Visit tamare electronics website as it gives you a list of common problems for each ecu but you will need the code from the sticker on it

Return to “Problems / Questions”