dipstick

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

badwolf340
Currently Drives:: bmw m series (poss R26R)

dipstick

Postby badwolf340 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Bought a lovely 2004,low milage(32000) Megane Dynamique 1.4 16V yesterday ,Its a great car but when I tried to remove the oil dipstick it would turn but I can not remove it (checked oil level on dash).Is this an uncommon thing or am I missing something ????.also does anyone know the postion of the reverse light switch.Thanks in advance.

kraj
Passed Theory

Re: dipstick

Postby kraj » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Not sure on the dip stick issue as it should just pull out.

The reverse light sensor on my 1.5DCI 5speed manual is located on the nearside bottom of the gearbox. You can access it by taking the wheel arch out.

Word of warning through. A have a bucket ready and be ready with the new one when you take the old one out as transmission fluid will pour out. You'll need to top it back up after and the level checking plug is located on he front bottom of the gearbox.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: dipstick

Postby davelowe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Renault in their magic way decided to make most dipsticks from plastic. Has it snapped, well, draw your own conclusions. My take on it suggests, yes - of course, those of us with the remaining part can offer length suggestions.

If i doubt, ask!
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”