For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Re: Coilovers, wheels, stance

Postby almcgrail » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:45 am

joeishmather wrote:
almcgrail wrote:Cheers for that Eddie. I spoke to him other day and 225 bumper kit has gone up from £330 to £560 in past few days so asked if they could honour old price and he said no its out of his hands. Just gotta hope my local dealer will stick to their price i was quoted Friday which was cheaper than parts direct anyway.

I have to say I've never had anything from rpd as my local dealer has always been considerably cheaper..

Anyone have a link to these Jom coilovers?

Penistone Road by any chance?
The JOMs are on venom motorsport, mainly VAG but do sell for other vehicles.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:17 pm

almcgrail wrote:
joeishmather wrote:
almcgrail wrote:Cheers for that Eddie. I spoke to him other day and 225 bumper kit has gone up from £330 to £560 in past few days so asked if they could honour old price and he said no its out of his hands. Just gotta hope my local dealer will stick to their price i was quoted Friday which was cheaper than parts direct anyway.

I have to say I've never had anything from rpd as my local dealer has always been considerably cheaper..

Anyone have a link to these Jom coilovers?

Penistone Road by any chance?
The JOMs are on venom motorsport, mainly VAG but do sell for other vehicles.

Yeah it is!lol must be the only decent one in the country!

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Bit annoyed! went to order 225 bumper kit today for £270 from dealer only to be told price has gone up to over £600! If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
You can bet all the ones in scrap yard have had front end damage so looks like i'm gonna have to go down the fibre glass route.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Get a smashed genuine one they'll sell it cheap and plastic is easy as pie to repair :-)

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Bit fed up of looking for a reasonably priced bumper so looks like thats going on the back burner for a bit.
That means i can get on with the "coilovers, wheels, stance" part of my project. Gonna start by ordering the JOMs and have them wound up until i get the wheels sorted. Fingers crossed that the JOMs haven't gone up in price or discontinued!

marshey
Learner Driver

Postby marshey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

i got my joms from ebay for £250 quick delivery aswel. just have them wound all the way down with standard wheels.

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Thought i'd give an update. The JOMs are ordered but i will have to wait a couple of week as they're coming from germany, been told not to wind them down for a few week or two after fitting cos they've got to settle down and that. While i was on phone to Venom Motorsport i asked about mercedes rims and was told nobody does adapters; gutted! However they did say porsche rims with adapters would be perfect because of their high offset, hmmm... Progress of some sort has been made.

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:33 am

Are these adapters safe, it looks like you'd be running with 1 bolt less, and do they do them with correct centre bores? Went looking on clio forum for merc wheel conversion and the guy in question had to shave a couple of mm from centre bore.

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Eddie- wrote:
almcgrail wrote:Are these adapters safe, it looks like you'd be running with 1 bolt less, and do they do them with correct centre bores? Went looking on clio forum for merc wheel conversion and the guy in question had to shave a couple of mm from centre bore.

lol Look at the picture there running all the bolts the cover is sectioned off to fit the 4x100 and then moved slightly to fit the merc rims, simple answer if you don't wanna put the work into the conversion kit look about other rims? Not being harsh but there answers are all there as there is car's running them. you need to look away from forums for car and go looking for wheel forums in particaular.

Fair enough, i'm only prepared to do so much as money is limited, and i wanna get it right first time as re working things time and time again for the perfect stance gets costly. If i had a vw I get the fealing it would be more simple as more people make stuff for them lol.

Return to “Modifications”