Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

misty2k
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2008 Mercedes ML320 CDI

Re: Phase 2 225 replica

Postby misty2k » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:24 pm

STEVIE wrote:Its amazing the stuff that sticks to your car on the motorway :D

steve

Yeah... she does look a little bit sticky... :?

Dee
1st Car - Navy Blue '97 Megane I, 1.4 RTE
2nd Car - Red '04 Megane II, 1.6 VVTi
3rd Car - Silver '05 Megane II CC, 1.9 DCi
4th Car - Black '07 Megane II CC, 1.9 DCi
5th Car - Black '08 Mercedes ML320 Sport

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Postby -KJ- » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:00 pm

You will also need new headlightlevelmotors and new motorconnectors (as the old connectors do not fit on the new motors), plus new bumpersupports.
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 am

-KJ- wrote:You will also need new headlightlevelmotors and new motorconnectors (as the old connectors do not fit on the new motors), plus new bumpersupports.

Bumper supports yes but they are listed
headlight level motors no because you use you old one's they fit straight in the new headlights

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

hadzry
Passed Theory

Postby hadzry » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 am

hi stevie..
did you have problem with that rubber thingy under the front bumper..?
mine's seem to loose a bit at places..

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:51 am

No mate never had a problem it just pushed in to place

stevie

hadzry
Passed Theory

Postby hadzry » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:08 pm

hmmmm..
will have to glue it then..
:-(

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:26 pm

misty2k wrote:Image

I didn't see your hood ornament on the accessories list, but I WANT ONE! ;) :-P

Dee

How did you stick her on the bonnet? A bit cruel wouldnt you say? :wink:

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 pm

misty2k wrote:Image

I didn't see your hood ornament on the accessories list, but I WANT ONE! ;) :-P

Dee

And there was me praying that that didn't come with it...

P

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Postby -KJ- » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm

STEVIE wrote:
-KJ- wrote:You will also need new headlightlevelmotors and new motorconnectors (as the old connectors do not fit on the new motors), plus new bumpersupports.

headlight level motors no because you use you old one's they fit straight in the new headlights

steve

You're right! I did the conversion last weekend and discovered that the old motors indeed fit on the phase 2 headlights. Why did Renault change the motors om the phase 2 and changed the connectors?
I now have two phase 2 motors and the headlight wiringloom for the phase 2 lying around....
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm

-KJ- wrote:
STEVIE wrote:

steve

You're right! I did the conversion last weekend and discovered that the old motors indeed fit on the phase 2 headlights. Why did Renault change the motors om the phase 2 and changed the connectors?
I now have two phase 2 motors and the headlight wiringloom for the phase 2 lying around....

Take them baxk to reno se if you can get a refund .this proves its always good to ask
any pics of the conversion mate

stevie

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Postby onlyme » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

hi stevie.
im very soon to buy a 225 front bumper (hopefully)
its destination is on my 2004 1.6 megane dyno.
can i just check. i notice these "bumper supports" in your list? will i need these? i have not hear of these up till now.

also the under tray. i know mine wont fit with the new bumper. will the one listed in your list and is this obtainable on its own from renault? thanks for your help!

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:41 am

onlyme wrote:hi stevie.
im very soon to buy a 225 front bumper (hopefully)
its destination is on my 2004 1.6 megane dyno.
can i just check. i notice these "bumper supports" in your list? will i need these? i have not hear of these up till now.

also the under tray. i know mine wont fit with the new bumper. will the one listed in your list and is this obtainable on its own from renault? thanks for your help!

Hi mate if its the phase 1 225 bumper you wont need the supports i dont think the tray listed will fit as this is for the phase 2 225
you can run it without one.on mine i have a fiberglass one bodged up you cant tell from up top

stevie

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

I know this is an old post, but it it very informative and a lot of people thinking on doing this conversion will dig this out, so i thought I'd mention the only one thing missing from this post...

The one other part you will need (which seems to be missing from Stevies car altogether from the pictures) is the bonnet pull strap / catch (the strap you pull from through the grille to release the bonnet fully when opening it). These are different between the two different phase of cars and I'm presuming the same would be true of the phase 1 225 as well.... The strap that you pull on is about 2-2.5" longer on the phase 2 car.

After I done my conversion, I had to make an extension for the strap as I didn't realise it would be short. I checked the partnumbers between what was originally fitted to my car (phase 1) and what was fitted to a friend's phase 2 standard car and the partnumbes were different. I bought the phase 2 strap and it fitted with the R26 bumper perfectly.

I don't hink you can buy just the strap on its own, you have to buy it with the catch, but it wasn't too expensive (£17ish).

You can replace just the strap rather than having to unbolt the whole catch etc.

Hope this help anyone else doing this
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

stihlman2010
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.9dci r26 replica

Postby stihlman2010 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm

hi mate very nice job on the conversion. ive done one myself..

heres the link

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19059
Renault megane 1.9 dci 2003 black, renault 5000k auto xenon headlamps, originally 120bhp, drilled ebc front discs, green stuff pads all round, custom exhaust, custom wheels, rear tinted windows, lowered 45mm at front 85mm at rear, momo pedals

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 pm

ikhan wrote:I know this is an old post, but it it very informative and a lot of people thinking on doing this conversion will dig this out, so i thought I'd mention the only one thing missing from this post...

The one other part you will need (which seems to be missing from Stevies car altogether from the pictures) is the bonnet pull strap / catch (the strap you pull from through the grille to release the bonnet fully when opening it). These are different between the two different phase of cars and I'm presuming the same would be true of the phase 1 225 as well.... The strap that you pull on is about 2-2.5" longer on the phase 2 car.

After I done my conversion, I had to make an extension for the strap as I didn't realise it would be short. I checked the partnumbers between what was originally fitted to my car (phase 1) and what was fitted to a friend's phase 2 standard car and the partnumbes were different. I bought the phase 2 strap and it fitted with the R26 bumper perfectly.

I don't hink you can buy just the strap on its own, you have to buy it with the catch, but it wasn't too expensive (£17ish).

You can replace just the strap rather than having to unbolt the whole catch etc.

Hope this help anyone else doing this

Hi mate i removed mine when i fitted the phase 1 fiberglass bumpers then never refitted when converted to phase 2
was never a problem as i put my had under the bonnet and pulled the catch back easy

But A great Post mate well done :cool:

steve

Return to “Modifications”