Lack of answers to questions and posts

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bobada
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9dci 130

Lack of answers to questions and posts

Postby bobada » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi,

This forum seems to have gone downhill recently......

Ive been following posts on the forum for over a year now, and gradually the responses to peoples questions seem to have dwindled with many new topics remaining unanswered with no replies.

When I first bought my megane this site was a valuable tool although I did not post any questions myself. Now, there seems to be so many unanswered questions and posts which have been viewed many times with no response.

Has anyone else noticed this or am i just whining! :-)

Megane 1.9 Dci 130

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: Lack of answers to questions and posts

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Ive noticed this to
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:15 pm

I have noticed this and agree, but often I will read posts and not reply as people should use the search function! Things have been covered so many times..

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:21 pm

My Search button never works i always get a error message. Not sure if this a website fault or my laptop. If it is a website fault that could be one cause to the duplicate questions
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

bobada
Passed Theory

Postby bobada » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 pm

I agree many of the post have been covered many times, but the search function regularly returns 'the search function is unavailable". It's nice to get new answers to posts as well to
Keep things fresh!! Otherwise the forum will just slowly die out once all topics have been
Covered!

Megane 1.9 Dci 130

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Eddie- wrote:
Boomstyliemikey wrote:My Search button never works i always get a error message. Not sure if this a website fault or my laptop. If it is a website fault that could be one cause to the duplicate questions

as its nver been great thats a given, there is a sticky go till google and add megane owners club after it and it will bring it up you'll find anything that way thats on this site.

Mate I know go to google and type "megane smoke" into it and click on photos. Loads of photos come up of my car... Im so proud lol :life

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

I can only speak from my experience. If I can answer a question, I will. If not, I might offer some 'breadcrumbs' if they might be useful.

To those who find it difficult to search the site - see my sticky on how to search through it using google (if you can find it!).

Basically, you enter you search terms followed by site:meganeownersclub.co.uk so;

turbo failure site:meganeownersclub.co.uk

is a typical example.

Yes people will often ask the same question before searching, and yes it is tedious answering - but I would guess that most of us are impatient from time to time. Can you answer the following question: have I ever visited another forum about a different topic and had your first reply met with 'this is a common question: search for the answer'?

And, as for the (16 posts strong) originator of this thread, who states that it has gone downhill, consider what you are getting here: advice, run probably at a loss by the founders, and free to boot. I ask this: if you (the originator) have posted more than 50% of your posts offering answers, your point might have some merit. If not, your post is plain rude, not constructive, and not worthy of further comment.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

bobada
Passed Theory

Postby bobada » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Dave,

I am a novice and will hold my hands up to that. How can I possible offer any constructive help to anyone? There would be a lot of people with very broken meganes if I started giving advice! Obviously when i become more confident with the way the megane works and have more experience then I'll be happy to post answers and replies.

You are not in a position to state that it's not worthy of any further comment. I'm giving my opinion on what i think about the forum

Megane 1.9 Dci 130

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:03 am

Eddie- wrote:cough * make me a mod :P

we actually do need a new mod. to replace me. my car is being sold on Sunday in preperation of my leaving the UK and all...

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:37 am

Ray wrote:
Eddie- wrote:cough * make me a mod :P

we actually do need a new mod. to replace me. my car is being sold on Sunday in preperation of my leaving the UK and all...

Where are you leaving to if you don't mind me asking??

Return to “Everything Else”