Keyless/handsfree internal aerial locations

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dappydan0

Keyless/handsfree internal aerial locations

Postby dappydan0 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi I have a 2006 Megane CC and trying to find all the keyless internal aerials in the car. I know about the one in in the boot lid, next to the button in the renault badge. But I am told there are others inside. Please can someone help me.

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Re: Keyless/handsfree internal aerial locations

Postby willholdsworth » Mon May 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Are you talking about ariels to sence the key card for keyless entry ? I used to have this on my RS 197, not sure where they are on the Meg though as mine didnt come with keyless entry, much to my disapointment! !
Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

continentalgt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 VVT CC Dynamique
Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI

Postby continentalgt » Tue May 24, 2011 7:54 pm

dappydan0 wrote:Hi I have a 2006 Megane CC and trying to find all the keyless internal aerials in the car. I know about the one in in the boot lid, next to the button in the renault badge. But I am told there are others inside. Please can someone help me.

I think they are in the fixed part of the door handle inside of the door behind the door card.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed May 25, 2011 11:31 am

I thought that as well, behind the black plastic square where the door handles are, in the handbook, it shows a diagram of the "live" areas where the handsfree signal will work from around the car, but gives no indication of aerial positions, I know the door sensors are behind that plastic square for opening, and would guess the aerial must be around there as well.
But with Renault who knows you will probally find them under the wheel arches soaked in wet mud! you know some where they will really work to there optimum levels, like the rear window motors that doulble up as a drip rail for rain water.... Mmmm wonder why the rear windows don't work? :mad

dappydan0

Postby dappydan0 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi thanks for your replys, i have found in side the door handles there are transmitters like the one in the boot but i was just wondering if there were any more in the car, for the keyless ignition system. btw i did look in the wheel archs but no luck. ;)

continentalgt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 VVT CC Dynamique
Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI

Postby continentalgt » Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 pm

dappydan0 wrote:Hi thanks for your replys, i have found in side the door handles there are transmitters like the one in the boot but i was just wondering if there were any more in the car, for the keyless ignition system. btw i did look in the wheel archs but no luck. ;)

The manual only shows three, hope this helps.

waxie_f

Postby waxie_f » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:25 am

yes I tried to read my manual though it took me an hour to look for it and it shows three.

Return to “Megane CC”