aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am

Anyone else here from East anglia? is it just me or is everyone in this fine flat bit of the empire unable to drive a car......
This morning its raining a bit, im on an A road which is actually a nice drive stuck behind some plank in a van doing 48mph in a 60, then hit Norton down to 30mph (let him off at least he didnt remain at 48 like alot of them) then after clearing Norton he stayed at 30 (ok thats fine tiny village in 1/2 mile with 30) cleared next village and remained at 30 well no got to 35, can't overtake road conditions not good, so im stuck, get to Ixworth nice roundabout, turn right 1/4 mile dual carrageway so able to get past the guy.
Next, bit lovely straight down hill stretch, with a t junction on left where invaribly some prat will pull out in front of you even though they can see that there is no one behind you, two options slam on anchors and swear or overtake (doing 60 by now). look in rear view after overtaking with hand firmly on horn and they pull off at next turn off, why why why pull out in front of someone on a fast road to then come off it again.
next one bloke in red car everynight driving at 50mph (will do it on national speed limit and in villages) has no idea on how to join the A14, will join at woolpit doing 20mph and try to filter into the dual carriageway flow of traffic doing 60 - 70, doesn't work very well especially when you have 5-6 cars behind you that you have held up for the last 8 miles.

Go back to driving school, stop being so bloody minded and yes driving slower can and does cause accidents because many people will overtake at the wrong place or in wrong conditions (which i agree is their fault but there is cause and effect going on)

last farmers i like tractors i have one over there >>>>>>>
but i dont drive it on the roads during rush hours, point..... get my meaning

so I ask you all, am I wrong, do i need anger management or am i right and everyone else is unable to drive properly?
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

Postby Stranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Some of your rant is justified; 'why do people pull out directly in front of you and then turn off at the next junction?' Pillocks who don't adhere to the speed limits (the OH doesn't understand me when I get annoyed with people doing 30 in a 50 and so on and just says "it's a maximum speed limit" to which I have not yet fathomed a decent reply), twots that drive with their fog lights on in clear visibility, bankers who brake when going down hill then accelerate at the bottom to get up the other side ..... just cruise down then you won't have to accelerate so much and therefore won't use as much fuel ........................ sorry I've added some of my own there, you see you got me on my soap box.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, farmers have a right to use the public highway like other people :ner
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Stranger wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuuut, farmers have a right to use the public highway like other people :ner

not disputing that however if they timed their use not to coincide with the two very busy times of day they will reduce impact to other road users and find that they can get out of junctions/on to roundabouts easier, so speeding up their journey aswell as others.

as for the OH, reminded me of a very old Jasper Carrott sketch (yep young readers before golden balls he was once a stand up comedian) his mother turned to him after being overtaken and said i don't know why they bother they wont get there any quicker.................
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm

BM you've started another rant thread here.
Know exactly what you mean people always attribute accidents to speed never to lack of it. I lose count of the number of people i follow on a slip road joining a dcw/motorway doing no more than 40. It frightens me sometimes, they then use the full length of the slip road as well till it tapers off and just have to fling it onto the first lane and hope for the best.
Don't see so many tractors but what we have here on the 483 a nice dcw by me is cranes and JCB's i see on average 3-4 a week doing no more than40, it's not right as everyone doing 70 then has to brake and all try to pile into 2nd lane. :mad
As Clarkson once said "it's difference in speed not speed that causes accidents".

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Bumpy macaroon wrote:reminded me of a very old Jasper Carrott sketch (yep young readers before golden balls he was once a stand up comedian) his mother turned to him after being overtaken and said i don't know why they bother they wont get there any quicker.................

Don't you start as well, I thought that I'd find some support on here :cry

I used to like Jasper Carrott until I went to see him one time in a stand up show and I had the misfortune of bumping in to him in the bar afterwards, when not on stage or in front of the cameras he is one of the most obnoxious little runts that you can imagine.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Bumpy,no you are not alone,we live in Norfolk :D

one thing you guys forgot to mention,why is it so bloody important to come out in the rush hour to go and get your bloody newspaper in the morning?can these people like the tractor drivers wait for half an hour or the news will be too old to read???

don't start me on the a**holes with the fog lights,idiots.The problem is there is nobody to tell them it is against the law,just like driving with your stupid mobile phone in your hand. :?
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I drive for a living that means i'm on the road from 8am to 5pm every day so i see a lot of idiots and dangerous activity's.

Without going into a mahoosive rant that these people do this and one person did that, i can pretty much some up who are the most dangerous and most annoying people on the road, The 40 mph brigade. Nobody else comes close to being more selfish, arrogant, ignorant, and self absorbed on the road :badred:

Finished :)
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 pm

totally agree BM. i had the `pull out in front of you, then want to turn off` tw@t encounter last year on my way to cornwall,60mph,car full of people+holiday gear.really struggled to avoid hitting it. good job he turned off really cos my disklok was destined to go through his window at the first chance i had :mad ,so don`t worry about the anger managment thing IT`S NOT JUST YOU :lol:

also,next time you`re in the supermarket,just have a look at the way some people push their trolleys around,surely these are`nt the same people who own all those cars on the car park,ARE THEY?? :no :no

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Ahh the supermarket trolly, i have now taken to ramming trollies out of the way, particulary when you get them parked next to each other because the 'drivers' are to interested in working out if the 24 pack of toilet rolls is cheaper the 18 pack and not think that the crowded supermarket has shoppers who are also trying to complete their weekily shop with two toddlers in the trolly who are hungry and not happy and want everything that looks like a sweet and at the same time are trying to pass their trolly or huge behind,

Plus the abandoned trolly, left half full in the middle of the aisle, now this is a good one in my local asda owners of this type can often be found roaming the supermarket looking for said trolly and why.....because i have just moved it to the george section :devil

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 pm

NO NO NO you just put some extra stuff in
makes them either A: spend too much or B: look like a twit when the're loading the belt and realise they didn't put in half the stuff
creases me each time i do it
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Or do what i did a few weeks back started rummaging through what i thought was a trolley with reduced stuff for sale until a woman asked me what i was doing going through her trolley :shock:
Have to agree about people having no awareness of what is going on around them though, they stand with there trolley behind them blocking an aisle or stop to chat to a friend in the middle it's crazy. FOR GODS SAKE LOOK AROUND YOU PEOPLE SEE WHAT CARNAGE YOU'RE CAUSING. :banghead

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:34 pm

steve the postman wrote:NO NO NO you just put some extra stuff in

yeh,that`s the one. when i had my previous job,it was really free and easy so me and a couple of the other lads used to nip round to the local asda for bread etc for our morning toast and we used to get really fed up with the darby+joan club brigade leaving their trolleys mid aisle etc,so one lad hit on the idea of taking turns to bung stuff in whilst they were`nt looking.

there were a few red faces pulling boxes of condoms out of their trolleys at the checkouts regularly :lol: :lol:

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 am

great will in future add condoms and lubricant and move the trolly aswell that will teach 'em grrrrr

nickbell69
Advanced Driver

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 pm

while we're on the subject of trolleys do they stop if you pass the red line?

Sticky Jammy Dodger
Currently Drives:: A Car!!!!!

Postby Sticky Jammy Dodger » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Trolleys should be stopped especially if they contain inferior biscuits like macaroons!!! Now Jammy dodgers theres another story!! The purchasers of these fine british institutions should be knighted!!!!

Return to “Everything Else”