BOOT

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tambo

BOOT

Postby tambo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 am

Does anyone know how to open the boot from the inside?

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re: BOOT

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 am

see my reply on the link below,

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8511

Basically get in boot look for small white tab with hole, its got a thin clear plastic over it, insert thin watchmaker type screwdriver into hole and pull over to the left it can be quite stiff but should release,
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

tambo

Postby tambo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:25 am

is it in the middle of the boot? i had a look but i must just be being daft

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Its on the center bottom of the door the lock mechanism where it meets the strike plate
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:55 pm

cast mind back to when your boot did open, when open you would of seen the catch body in the centre of the bottom of the boot lid, now imagine where it is when closed, basically bottom of boot lid in the middle.
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Since we have not heard back anyone know where he lives in case he's stuck in the boot????
Steve
Last edited by steve the postman on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 am

steve the postman wrote:Since we have not heard back anyone know where he live in case he's stuck in the boot????
Steve

:D

tambo

Postby tambo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 pm

that's me just escaped from the boot :)
I found it!
Cheers for your help lads, any one else having that issue when the boot just wont open? lights flash when the boot button is pressed but the boot just wont budge. A Clark looking for £73 just to look at it.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Glad to hear you escaped, is it working now just stuck, or do you still have an issue?

tambo

Postby tambo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:09 am

i can get it open from the inside, but just wont open using the button on the outside.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:43 pm

switch, power to switch, of lock mech no help i know someone may of had same prob...

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:03 am

tambo wrote:i can get it open from the inside, but just wont open using the button on the outside.

Prise out the switch and unplug it. Open it up taking care not to lose the small spring inside. I'm almost sure you will find visible droplets of moisture inside but even if nothing visible, gently dry it out with a hair-dryer or the car's heater vents, reassemble and replace. If it now works (it did for me), buy some silicone windscreen sealant from Halfords and do the same again using the sealant to adhere the two parts of the switch together or seal the joint. DIY = 10 minutes incuding drying time; Renault quote 1 - 2 hours "plus parts and VAT". . . . . . CROOKS!!! :mad

I don't think it necessarily means you have a water ingress problem. It's just a poor design of switch to use in a place where the draught from your moving car sucks rain water towards it.

I already had the tailgate trim panel and lock motor out, which I also dried out, before I discovered this but I'm pretty sure the moisture in the switch was the problem and that it comes out without removing anything else. However, you may want to remove the tailgate interior trim for better access as prising is too often followed by snapping.

Return to “Everything Else”