outside temp sensor

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

outside temp sensor

Postby anth_dci » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 am

i think mine reads colder than it actually is. The people on the radio were saying it was at -10 at its lowest point last night yet when i left this morning the dci was saying its -13. this is quite common for it to read 4 or 5 under what im being told on the radio

is it just mine or is this common?
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Re: outside temp sensor

Postby steve the postman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 pm

The radio/tv uses info from the met office
they use thermometers which are sheltered from the wind (wind chill factor) lovely summer day put hand out window it gets cold at 40 mph ect.
unless your car is totally sheltered it will get wind chill having said that its probably only 25p worth of kit and would not rely on it to be accurate
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Went out this morning to de ice wifes and mine, mine said -7 hers -4 so one of them not too accurate.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Now thinking about it years ago you watched the weather forecast said ooh its going to be cold. Went out and said ooh its cold today isn't it and that was it.
Now everybody has a temp sensor in the car and nobody stops talking about the temperature.
We do it all the time in work, first one will say what the temp was on way to work and it goes on all day about how hot or cold it was on everyones journey to work. And i hope every workplace has one like us, it doesn't matter how cold or hot its been his thermometer will have shown 1 degree hotter or colder(you know the sort, if you've been to Tenerife he's been to elevenerife) :cool:

Return to “Everything Else”