sprung a leak

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kylehimself
Pass Plus

sprung a leak

Postby kylehimself » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:25 am

had my megane a few months now,heavy rain which has caused flooding in northern ireland has caused my drivers side pocket to take in water, any thoughts?

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Kyle,this is one of the common problems,have a search in the forum,there are plenty of them about this.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

ollypage
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 53 plate 1.9DCi Dynamic.

Re: sprung a leak

Postby ollypage » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:51 pm

navid.v wrote:Kyle,this is one of the common problems,have a search in the forum,there are plenty of them about this.

Sigh. There might be hundreds of posts all over this forum about this, but all I can find are posts about how you should do a search for them like I'm some kinda of internet moron. Post a link or say nothing please so I don't find your helpful comment in the next search I try!!! Please.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: sprung a leak

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:21 am

it's coming from behind the speaker grille.
water travels down theback of the speaker and into the door pocket. quite common if you're replaced the speakers or had some work done behind teh door cards.

or if it was some serious rain (like biblical proportions), then perhaps the door is full of sludge and the door has filled up so it's overflowing. a few people have had doors of sludge

Return to “Everything Else”