Free at last!

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cliopapa172
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane privilege

Free at last!

Postby cliopapa172 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

Well folks. Our money pit of a Megane Privilege has finally bitten the dust. No longer will I be throwing money away having to keep it on the road. After years of problems we are free. We have replaced the dephaser, water pump and belt, starter and solenoid, three window modules which packed in again. The usual Renault broken suspension springs have been replaced along with strut bearings. We have a small aquatic center in the door pockets. The hands free half worked, all worked and now doesn't work at all. The boot switch has fallen apart too many times to mention. The stereo system shut down for a while. We had the ubiquitous rattling sunroof. We've had the engine management and service light on for the past two years. We replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensors which made no difference! The abs light is now on. The dephaser is going again. It doesn't start properly. It has erratic idle and running issues. The thing that has finally killed it is the steering rack has now broken. I will NEVER buy another Renault. Badly designed and built. Who really enjoys opening the boot after it has been raining to get drenched in water? Good luck to those who are still desperately trying to keep their Megane on the road. Oh and the final kick in the teeth? The simple fact that scrap merchants don't want them as they are so bad the parts aren't worth diddly squat!
Last edited by cliopapa172 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Free at last!

Postby wanda » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Bad luck mate. Not sure if it could have been worse. So what next?

cliopapa172
Passed Theory

Postby cliopapa172 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Something reliable...........Honda or Mazda rate highly in this area.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:55 pm

I've got a Honda and in the first 12 months it was back at the dealers 3 times for faults; software update, faulty exhaust sensor and a dodgy battery.

It's boring as hell to drive, has no torque, I get a measly 42.5mpg, build quality is very poor with crap fits and rattles galore. I can't wait for my lease to end.

Won't touch another Honda as long as I drive.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

cliopapa172
Passed Theory

Postby cliopapa172 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 am

Forgot to add the wiring for the clutch start also broke. I soldered in a new section but that got snapped as well. Windscreen mysteriously cracked, but not in a minor, leave it until you can get it fixed way, but a non repairable, from the edge right across the middle of your field of vision way. The guy who came to replace it couldn't see why it had cracked! No impact mark or rust damage to cause it. That car was possessed! I've gone for a Mazda 6. We'll see how I get on with it!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 pm

I have a friend with a Mazda 6, picky bugger he is but he's delighted with it so must be something good happening there.

Just for info my Honda is going in for another fault to be rectified once they've got the part in stock .......... it's just turned 18 months old and this is the 4th time it's been back due to faults. Definitely no more Honda's for me or mine :evil:
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Everything Else”