New Megane MK 4 !!! FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOW!!

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lagonda
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.4 2007 top spec.

New Megane MK 4 !!! FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOW!!

Postby lagonda » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 pm

:-P Well in my view its a GREAT upgradedto the DIssmal MK3 version,thats claustrophobic and ugly unless RS version! Its much more upmarket and has Audi/Autounion attention to detail in cabin quality to a degree as of course £ is a barrier of how far they can go with the quality of plastics/seats spec ,entertainemnt etc!

what do you think! Do you think there will be a 3 door coupe version? :conf

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/renault/me ... -frankfurt

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: New Megane MK 4 !!! FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOW!!

Postby Stranger » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Does look well and spec looks good too as usual.

I'd expect the 'proper Renault Sport version' as he calls it to be available in 3dr.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Yep, this is what people want... The brain: "I'm out of here!"

Anyway, let's see how the new RS comes out.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

lagonda

Postby lagonda » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 pm

More pics about know.just seen one of what looks like the 3 door coupe.Nice rear shoulders! In my view beats Golf hands down on looks as VW ,yet great build and quality for £ but SOOO oooo BLANDE.

One criticism of Renault in general is with all their ranges and types,only the best versions looks appealing for true car enthusiasts! Meaning like GT or RS versions.Very muck like Mercedes in attitude,unless AMG just BLANDE /Munich Taxi cab and with Renault > French Farmers car? Just wished some of the lower spec versions could have more attention to details!

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Really? It can't be true. :cry
(added later as the Red Bull image below intermittently refuses to load)
Last edited by AlexB on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Seat mixed with Peugeot 308?

lagonda

Postby lagonda » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:56 pm

AlexB wrote:Really? It can't be true. :cry

wWats the crying for????? The pic of the megane MK3 Red bull special is blande i feel! Interior poor as well!

The new Megane inside /interios is a MAJOR step-up, catching up with the quality of VW's and German mk's etc.

I am just hoping a coupe version is coming! A few other individuals have made concepts of what it may look like on google images but i still feel this looks best! >>> https://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/a-new- ... would.html

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi lagonda,

Do you want a rhetoric answer to a rhetoric question?.. My aesthetical preference is what it is. People can argue about ethics, because it's an objective matter, but aesthetics is subjective and personal. In the RS mk3 (not necessarily Red Bull) I like the external shape, the bonnet with a small badge, forged wheels with slotted Brembos, the roof lines merging with the tailgate... The Cup interior is fine, a mechanical speedo with a bright tachometer dial, simpler the better to me, but still a few redundant things to remove... RS are bolted together at a special factory in Dieppe, so no ruttles, everything feels solid, the drivetrain, suspension and brakes are different from non-sport models, etc. Perhaps I just need more time to accept the new shape. On the other hand, I'll probably switch to TTRS when the time comes.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 am

lagonda

Postby lagonda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Bad news found out today that the new MEGHANE MK4 is only coming to the UK as a5 door not coupe or convertible! :shock:
a couple of deifferent versions to do with trim/engine etc. Top level Gt and Rssport to come 2017! :o

To be honest is just like an enlarged Clio and same format of one tooling process ,so just one line of style to make! :shock: Must be the due to the hard last 8 years they have had! :banghead

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 pm

No convertible? Thats really unfortunate.

lagonda

Postby lagonda » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Well it seems there is a new COUPE coming in 2017 but to me i would not call it a coupe ,more like what BMW call a Gran coupe and the likes of VW with their VW CC Passat? It looks like a SEDAN frankly ,has 5 doors and not a rakish roof at all like the BMW 4 series Gran coupe! Looks alright ,maybe when we see real time youtube ffotage from car shows or indeed the model,then we will know if its like a fast back! :cool:

By the way sat in the new MK4 Megane! A MASSIVE jump in,interior quality and those seats! Real nice! :eek
Best model and the better one out of 2 i sat in was to me the (Dynamique sat nav)>> Really NIce Seats . The (GT) model ,the seats are not as nice and Renault has been listening or saw my comment about EXHAUST TRIMS AS it has a fat oval trim sticking out on a lesser model than a GT ! Gives great effect! Finally,well done!

https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/2 ... 600x0w.jpg

https://preview.netcarshow.com/Renault- ... 600-0b.jpg

https://preview.netcarshow.com/Renault- ... 600-0f.jpg

What do you think of the Megane Gran Coupe? :rock

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:29 pm

Reminds me of the big kia sedan.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:35 pm

:lol:
Hired this beast in Portugal last week had her for 2 weeks. 2:0dci GT 2016 model

URL=https://s826.photobucket.com/user/Thrisey/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160816_114454.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

What a superb car even comes with a plastic head up display which raises from a slot on top of the speedo panel in it it shows road speed, speed limit, lane control, bend warning and navigation arrows gone has the pop up TomTom navigation panel now has a large double din infotainment system with touch screen navigation, no CD player either, it Bluetooth's from your phone unfortunately has an electric handbrake and auto hold you can also set headlamps to constant main beam which auto dips when it "sees" oncoming headlights.
Vehicle also has 4 driving modes sport, stsndard, neutral and eco each mode changes dash colour and display it also has ambient lights in 5 different colours. A/C is also touch screen for fan speed all rather swish.
In sport mode it's a middle both neutral and standard mode returns good fuel economy but not as much fun.
Did I dislike anything?.....yes!
If it was mine I would put lower profile tyres on her as on uneven roads and tight bend she felt like the tyres where flexing make her a bit unstable.
The key........ still a card but a nice black one with a white back a bit smaller than the usual one BUT!!! It has no key hole it so what do you do with your house key may sound silly but check your own key card everyone of us has at least 1 key attached and the usual tesco points card can't do that with this card.
Would I have one..........OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEES! WITH OUT A DOUBT evening giving up the roof off, unless the cc GT comes along of course.

Return to “Everything Else”