No more tax disc

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

No more tax disc

Postby eric » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 am

Just paid for car tax and informed won't be getting a disc in post. I know the systems changed but why? I seemed to work ok?

Won't it be even easier now for people to drive without tax? And what about the factories that make (as well as other things) disc holders. Did no one think of them :roll:

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: No more tax disc

Postby Stranger » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:54 pm

It's well overdue that it was gone. ANPR systems such as the Police use and are on some traffic lights will alert the authorites to anyone that's driving without RFL.

My opinion is that RFL should be abolished altogether and added to the cost of fuel, that way the more miles you do, the more fuel you use and the more RFL you pay.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Stranger wrote:It's well overdue that it was gone. ANPR systems such as the Police use and are on some traffic lights will alert the authorites to anyone that's driving without RFL.

My opinion is that RFL should be abolished altogether and added to the cost of fuel, that way the more miles you do, the more fuel you use and the more RFL you pay.

As an addition to that insurance on to fuel too
More miles covered or bigger engine pay more tax and insurance
Less miles covered or smaller or economical engine less tax and insurance

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

Postby eric » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:37 am

I agree to paying no tax outright and adding it onto fuel, don't think it would work with insurance though.

I've often wondered why tax isn't done by mileage as it seems only fair.

For example a rep in a car with zero tax will still be polluting more per year than a big petrol engine 4x4 driver that may only do a tenth the mileage, but still has to pay full whack tax...

:?

Return to “Everything Else”