This one is for the dads with boys

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

This one is for the dads with boys

Postby wanda » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Hello everyone.

I am an average dad, trying to save the world just like everyone else. There are times when my darling wife comes to me after a hard days work and starts to chat and wants my attention when I just want to relax. Maybe its the difference between men and women, women want to chat to feel closeness where as men would not say no to procreation practice runs. (It takes a lot of practice to get twins which is what I told my wife I want next ;)).

Anyways I thought it was just me but I noticed with my son who is 15 months old when he is concentrating on a toy or watching a cbeebies program he really likes you will not get his attention away from it until he is done. When my daughter was the same age she could be persuaded and after some time she gives in and enjoys company and chats.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Its interesting to note that maybe us guys are the way we are because we are just made that way, so for a man to go shopping and do the stuff he would rather not deserves a medal.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: This one is for the dads with boys

Postby AlexB » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

No, not in my experience. Don't you think this effect is caused by plentiful communication experience with the older sibling? Another hypothesis is that the parents became more "assertive" as a result of their experience with the first child, or some power games are starting between the parents (e.g. "I shall remove the sound of my voice if you do something").

Regarding shopping it is quite simple. Women are responsible for spending about 80% of household income on average in our post-feminism society. Watch on YouTube or read the books of Stefan Molyneux on gender issues and parenting for details.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Ive noticed this with the kids; daughter could be reasoned with and have full blown conversations before she was two, but even the lad ,now five, still has to finish was he is doing before he will acknowledge anything.
I think its the difference between boys and girls but some friends call it second child syndrome!

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Apart from the second child syndrome, don't you think this difference can be caused by a kind of conditioning we are all subjected to? Take, for example, Disney animated films - some of them are terribly sexist and offensive to men! Not that I'm denying the role of chromosomes...
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Everything Else”