Biased

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kevinfourlegs
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Scenic 1.5 dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

Biased

Postby kevinfourlegs » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:17 pm

A night or two back I was surfing the interweb looking for Renault stuff. In the search results was a result of a VW forum for the R32 v Mgane 225. This stirred my interest, so me thinks that I ought to take a peek.

Some dude had an R32 and on the way home he had some fun with a guy in a Megane 225 R26.R. The basis was that the guy with the R32 expected to wipe the floor with the Megane. This the guy admitted, didn't happen. So this led to a debate, or rather a heated discussion among the members. Some slagged off the 225 on the basis that it is a Renault. Some praised the R26.R for being sorted. Others argued that the R32 is an all-rounder and under any conditions the R32 driven properly would waste the R26.R in the wet or dry on a circuit. How can you compare a 4WD all rounder to a track focued fwd car, was another comment and so it went on. The negative comments were made by those that haven't driven the R26.R. Sad. It reminded me of the Vauxhall and Ford folk having a pop at each other on the basis of the cars they chose. I expect that from footy fans. Yes, I do follow football, so I know the score, so to speak.

I am a Renaultphile, plain and simple. However, I know that the marque isn't the best and there are better out there. Just because they are my favourite, doesn't mean that I will slag off other marques' models. I must admit that I felt like registering on the forum, just so I could post a comment, but I didn't want to sink to their depths.

For example, I have worked on and driven Peugeots, but the only one that I can say that I liked to drive was the 604. For them that don't know, it was a big saloon from the seventies/eighties. It had the same V6 engine that was also in the Renault 30 and Volvo 262/264/265. But I won't slag Peugeot because I don't like driving their cars. However, I wouldn't mind a bash in a 205 T16. Wonder if it will give me the same pleasure as the 5 Turbo II did?

A year or seven ago, I was giving a guy in a Subaru Impreza some hassle on the A4067 on the way to Brecon and he couldn't shake me off. I expected to be well beaten. What was I driving, BMW 735i V8. A car that was the best part of two tons was keeping pace with an Impreza. Was it because the Subaru driver wasn't good? I dunno, but I don't go slagging Subarus off because of it.

Mind 'ow ye go one an' all.

Return to “Everything Else”