Been four days and counting...

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

symun
Currently Drives:: Black 1.4 16v Oasis

Been four days and counting...

Postby symun » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 am

and the woman 5 doors up from me still hasn't owned up to hitting my wing mirror.
I got home from work at around half four, had a cuppa then me and the missus left to go shopping at ten past five, i open my door and notice some black plastic on the floor.
I then notice my mirror pushed forward, all intact and no cracks, then noticed the triangular plastic housing on the door has a big hole and all the bits are on the pavement.
Only car missing that was there when i came home was the BMW of the woman 5 doors up.
The next day i took the mirror off in work and glued the bits back and patched the front with some vinyl.
Doesnt look the best but should keep water out.
Ive since watched the woman 5 doors up rocket of the pavement like shes launching from battlestar galactica at the same time every day, five to five...i aint columbo but.... :evil:

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Been four days and counting...

Postby Stranger » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 pm

You have my sympathies.

2 things; it may not be her that's done it, what's to say that there wasn't someone else (a non resident) drove up / down the road and hit it, also the longer you leave it the less likely she is to own up even if it was her.

If it were me I'd be telling her what had happened then asking casually if she'd seen anything but I would start at the next door neighbours and then, if she asks at least you have asked others, you could throw in that hers was the only car which was gone when you came out but like I say, that doesn't prove that it's her. You could also say, although this is a tricky one due to privacy laws so you'd need to tread carefully that a couple of the neighbours have CCTV on their premises and they've agreed to let you view the footage for the times in question in case you can catch a glimpse of the vehicle that's caused the damage. You should be able to tell from her reaction whether she's feeling any guilt.

Good luck.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:38 am

Take it easy, it's very unlikely that anyone would admit their guilt... The worst thing is that you may feel angry and stressed for days suspecting a possibly wrong person.

Do you think that the BMW hit your mirror with its mirror? Then there must be traces of impact on the other car. You may have a look...

Probabilities wise it is more likely that a stranger has hit your car, possibly a large vehicle.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

kevinfourlegs
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Scenic 1.5 dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

Postby kevinfourlegs » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:03 am

I can sympathise with you. My Scenic was 6 months old when some arse hit while it was parked. The drivers door mirror was moved, unbroken, but there is a dent and scrapes on the drivers door near where it meets the wing. I was not amused :-( :-(

Return to “Everything Else”