Job advice

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Job advice

Postby joeishmather » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 am

Just looking for a little advice really.
I currently work self employed for a kitchen company, the give me contracted hours of 10 till 5 5 days a week, plus comission on anything I sell. Over the 6 months so far working for them I have earnt around 129 on comission and sold next to noting due to a sort of hierarchy thats existing there meaning im getting very few clients, I keep getting told its going to change but so far nothings happened.
I have now been offered a new job with a small conpany, id be employed my wage will be 3000 more and the company will pay for me to go to uni and gain more qualifications, they also offered a company car after 6 months and promise lots of progression, hours are 8.30 till 5 5 days.
So I decided to go with the new job signed contract and went to hand in notice. I arrive at work to a letter form one of the local housing developers who I had been trying to sell kitchens too, they agreed to purchace just over £80000 of kitchens with comission of about £2500 for me..... is this a text to see ig im comitted to the new job?!

Sorry for such a long post, just wanting as many views as possible!
Oh there is one more thing, my wife and I are expecting if that makes any odds..

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Job advice

Postby freelanderuk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:59 am

how much notice do you have to give
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 am

Possibly it's a ruse, who knows, but the current place hasn't lived up to expectations or promises so if you're thinking of withdrawing your notice and staying then don't. If you decided to stay what's to say the hierarchy won't find a way of diddling you of the commission and, as you've shown that you are prepared to take your services elsewhere I would imagine your current place will be looking for ways to dispense with your services.

You have the opportunity to work for a new employer who's head hunted you from what you say, they're prepared to fund your development, you're going to be on more money albeit for more hours, you have the promise of a car (get this in writing and research thoroughly as tax can be a beggar with a company vehicle although it can also work out very well in the right circumstances, just make sure you check it all out), you're salaried and with a new one on the way, congratulations :-) on this, I'd be very happy at the thought of extra cash, incentives such as company car, Uni, training etc and being salaried.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 pm

No notice as such as im self employed.

Thanks for your views, I have to agree, just good to get other peoples views :-)

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 pm

New job sounds better especially if they're funding uni, you'll have summut to show for your efforts. Dont burn your bridges though just in case. Congrats with the young un, however you will now find buying anything for your car will take ages! :D

stephen1990
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.4 dynamique ;) fear the roar of the 1.4 !

Postby stephen1990 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 am

From what I've read this new company really value staff and push for developing its staff, the present company your with are making a mug out of you and personally I would just jump ship. Congrats on the news, me and my other half are expecting too!

Return to “Everything Else”