Renault Reassurance

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

EmboOldham
Currently Drives:: 56 plate 2.0 petrol Dynamique

Renault Reassurance

Postby EmboOldham » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:49 pm

My Front Passenger Electric Window has failed for the 3rd time in 3 years but just outside the 12 month warranty. Whilst Renault acknowledge the problem and are prepared to cover 75% of the cost, I still have to stump up c£100. The other two were replaced FoC as were with 12 months of each other. The Customer Service team tell me that I should be grateful but I can't help thinking that if Renault have fitted a faulty part they should rectify the problem without me putting my hand in my pocket. Anyone had any experience of this as Renault's attitude is really naffed me off (given I've had various models continuously over the last 20 years) :banghead

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Renault Reassurance

Postby Paddy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 am

Yea many of us have had the problem.

I have posted detail guide of how to repair the regulator problem. (It a half hour job and you wont have an issue again)

Its within the guide section.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Renault Reassurance

Postby AlexB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 pm

It's a well known problem. A connector between the harness and the regulator develops corrosion, the garages replace the whole window mechanism and neglect to clean the connector on the harness. Then the window fails again.

The fix is to clean the connector and do not replace anything. It is a quick DIY job.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Everything Else”