Cured the Kangarooing!!

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

macmac
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.4 Dynamique

Cured the Kangarooing!!

Postby macmac » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 pm

My 1.4 16v has had this annoying thing where you can't "cruise" without it kangarooing. On small amounts of throttle the engine feels like it's being restricted & feels kind of hesitant! I replaced 2 engine coils as the code reader picked this up but this didn't cure the problem.

However, the air & pollen filters were manky & so I changed them. Wow, drives so much better & the kangaroo has gone, totally!!

This problem seems to be widespread, I came across it many times while trawling the back posts etc. Many things apparently seem to give similar symptoms- egr valves, throttle bodies, map sensors etc but for me, just the change of filters (pollen one might be nothing to do with it) have cured this problem.

Happy days, hope it might help others.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Cured the Kangarooing!!

Postby Stranger » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:58 am

That's good news :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Prefect
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 bought new 2004

Postby Prefect » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:51 am

Where is the pollen filter on the Megane 2 ?

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 am

drivers footwell, take off the panel on the left, and its near the back. has a small handle to pull it out with

Daveyessic
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6 16v O4 plate

Postby Daveyessic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi there.

I'm brand new to this forum post your post sounds very similar to my experience.

If I drive slowly away in 1st gear it would as you put it kangaroo all over until I give it more revs or get into 2nd gear.
It would also attempt to fire up when starting the ignition but let out a kind of choking noise and then cut out instantly and the only way to keep the engine running is to press hard on the revs.

Just today though the car has started to feel like im driving with bricks as wheels it is very vibrator like and when I put my war to the exhaust I was getting a put put type of sound and the power in the car is decreased by 30-40%.

Could it be down to a anti pollin filter?

Many thanks in advance

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Daveyessic wrote:Hi there.

I'm brand new to this forum post your post sounds very similar to my experience.

If I drive slowly away in 1st gear it would as you put it kangaroo all over until I give it more revs or get into 2nd gear.
It would also attempt to fire up when starting the ignition but let out a kind of choking noise and then cut out instantly and the only way to keep the engine running is to press hard on the revs.

Just today though the car has started to feel like im driving with bricks as wheels it is very vibrator like and when I put my war to the exhaust I was getting a put put type of sound and the power in the car is decreased by 30-40%.

Could it be down to a anti pollin filter?

Many thanks in advance

No. The pollen filter is for the cabin not the engine. I'm guessing you have a 1.6 petrol, it sounds like a diesel, and the problem is the dephaser unit. Have a search for that and see if it matches your symptoms.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Everything Else”