Megane Mk II Reliablity

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pwjsmith
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II

Megane Mk II Reliablity

Postby pwjsmith » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I recent purchased a 2008 Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique Automatic, it had only done just over 5000 miles and I got it for a really good price.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the various posts on this website and was wondering if anyone would like to comment or debate about the general reliablility of the Mk II's pre 2006 versus post 2006, when the facelift model was introduced (not the Mk III).

Are the post 2006 models better built and/or more reliable, or is is just down to the age of the vehicles and/or mileage covered? Could it be be that over the next few years the post 2006 model with begin to show up more problems?

I look forward to reading your comments.

Happy motoring and best regards,

Peter

macmac
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.4 Dynamique

Re: Megane Mk II Reliablity

Postby macmac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:38 pm

My advice would be to start putting some money aside, like a savings kitty, you could call it the "megane account"! ;)

You might get lucky, £100 a month should cover you if you are indeed, a lucky one!! :-)

Dwabo
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0Dci GT (remapped!)
Front & rear HEL brake lines, Uprated Alpine ICE

Postby Dwabo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm

well the only problem so far has been the windows.. luckily it wasnt the regulators but the control modules broke, luckily only a £100 fix for 2 windows as they managed to clean them up and re earth them too
I do have a third party warranty for peace of mind which covers pretty much everything on the car!
Megane GT 2.0dci Remapped by Angel Tuning

Prefect
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 bought new 2004

Postby Prefect » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 am

Megane 2 2004. Diesel 1.5 bought new, 90,000 Km only had the front discs replaced. I ran the engine in for 2K Km and never go over 3000 revs. It's been such a great car I don't think I'll part with it

Return to “Everything Else”