ESP or Cruise Control connection?

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

ESP or Cruise Control connection?

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sun May 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi guys,

On the continuation of bringing my Meg up to "fully loaded" spec, I couldn't help having a look behind this panel to see if ESP or cruise control switch wiring was there. There's ONE connection. Anybody have any idea which one it's for?

Not sure which one I'd prefer. The 2.0 VVT really ought to have ESP, as it's so prone to wheel spin, but then again I'd love cruise control.

Also - does anybody know of anywhere I can get radio removal keys for the Carminat CD Player. They're different to the normal CD player, and have two flat slits like the CD Changer in the Meg. Picture below!

Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: ESP or Cruise Control connection?

Postby joeishmather » Sun May 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I think that's the cruise control, have you checked my how to on fitting cruise control, there are a couple of pics that should be of help. :-)

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm

K thanks, pics are really helpful.

I'm hoping to get a steering wheel with the buttons and "tell" the car it has cruise so it's 100% original (I'm weird like that).
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun May 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Thats what I've done, you'll see on my how to.. :-) can sort you out with an airbag if you want :-) all you need is the buttons as the steering wheels are all the same... Also unless your good at soldering you'll need a new indicator window wiper thingy that houses the slip ring type thing as that is different on cars with/without cruise control..

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 am

Guessing the slots on that radio are the same as on my Renault fitted cd changer if so I used the radio keys that came with my sony radio. They just went in and wiggled and let me pull out the radio. Think the white cable is for the Cruise control as Joe said.... I have a red one too, not sure what that does....

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Mon May 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for the responses guys, looking good then. So Joe, If I were to buy your airbag which is shaped for cruise control buttons, then just buy the buttons from Renault, I don't need a new steering wheel?

The How-to guide looks excellent, well done for that.

My friend is breaking a Laguna Initiale, which is equipped with cruise. Reckon the little button for the turning it on is the same? I might try it and see then that'll be one thing off the list. Also Joe, did you get yours hooked up to CLIP to get the dash display working?

Great I'll get some Sony removal keys then, thanks :D

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I keep intending to get it activated but other things keep taking priority... And yes that correct, just the buttons, the buttons have the resistance built in, so they maybe different in the laguna, cant imagine they'd be all that expensive tho! I can call up the guy I'd get the airbag off for a price if you'd like?

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Mon May 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Brilliant, that would be great thanks. No rush though, only when you have time! I'm in the middle of buying a Laguna V6 so Meg mods are taking a back seat at the mo :cry:

Return to “Everything Else”