I hate fasthosts.com

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

I hate fasthosts.com

Postby wanda » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Well where do I start. As a business we need a website to advertise ourselves on line. 8 HOURS after getting a 30 day FREE, no contract binding, no money paying.... did I mention non binding offer, we discovered Fasthost is useless in every sense of the word. We could not get our website up and running, we were loosing business as a result and best of all it took exactly 1 hour and 25 minutes for someone from accounts to pick up the phone. Did I mention it is a 0844 number? Only to tell me that there is nothing they could do that I just had to pay up for the year, never mind the fact that fact that THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME THE SERVICE THAT I AM PAYING FOR!!!!!

Now to add insult to my injury they have called again after a year wanting more money, stating that a client who is not happy with their service (that they are not providing) has to take the time out to contact them (refer to the time mentioned above) and cancel it. Now as a business I am not sure how much time we are supposed to give to our own work if this is how much time it takes just to get through to someone.

I have come across sites dedicating articles to fasthost, even the BBC got involved but it seems the Office of fair trading are not willing to help. I suppose they pay their taxes hence they are ok.

They made a whopping million pounds last year, I am clearly in the wrong profession. For all those parents telling their kids do not steel its wrong, cheaters never prosper have to come up with a very good excuse if their children turn around and state what about fasthost.

I do not know why such businesses are allowed to hide behind their terms and conditions. Some of us are trying to do the right thing but this is day light robbery. :banghead :banghead :curse :fk :toss :td :tut :yuk :niak: :down2: :down: :barb: :;-((

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: I hate fasthosts.com

Postby davelowe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Use 5quidhost.co.uk

Can't fault them.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

welshy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 16v

Re: I hate fasthosts.com

Postby welshy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 pm

we host the megane owners forum, your always welcome to use your club discount code on our services at https://www.eezee-web.co.uk

see viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13485 for more info and discount code

Return to “Everything Else”