Playstation One Games

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

Playstation One Games

Postby wanda » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Is there anyway of creating a copy of a PS1 game using a normal computer? I am scared of them getting scratched and since you cant buy them any more. I have made copies of old PC games using Nero burning ROM but I was wondering if I do that would the PS 2 or one be able to read it?

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Re: Playstation One Games

Postby rjacko » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:51 pm

https://www.wikihow.com/Play-Copied-Play ... -a-Modchip

Hope this helps, never tried to copy them myself but have played copied games on my old ps1 many years ago.
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

gav1pam
Pass Plus

Postby gav1pam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Just copy them and burn them at the lowest speed possible basicaly.
Wont work on PS2 unless its chipped though.

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:46 pm

ps one games were required to be patched (illegal), ps2 games also required to be patched and used to have the video clips altered in size (illegal) so you could fit in on a dvd-r. both involved a chip (illegal) or an action replay disc. i'm sure you can find psx1 games on ebay (legal)
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 am

Why would it be illegal if they dont make it anymore :-(

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:15 am

You could say that copying them is worse now, due to tge fact that tgeyvare no longer in production.. Say a item of clothing had 10 units produced n then someone copied them in there 1000's it would take awaybthe value of the 10 items, but to be honest the reason your copying them is for personal use, not resale so I don't think there is any problem in doing this. The main point of the copyright is so they can't be copied and resold, I do what your wanting to do but with my CDs, that way when they go in the car n get scratched the original is in the case and in the house! I don't see how anyone can disagree with me doing this, but the fact is that it's illigsl got me to make a copy of that original disc...

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 am

joeishmather wrote:You could say that copying them is worse now, due to tge fact that tgeyvare no longer in production.. Say a item of clothing had 10 units produced n then someone copied them in there 1000's it would take awaybthe value of the 10 items, but to be honest the reason your copying them is for personal use, not resale so I don't think there is any problem in doing this. The main point of the copyright is so they can't be copied and resold, I do what your wanting to do but with my CDs, that way when they go in the car n get scratched the original is in the case and in the house! I don't see how anyone can disagree with me doing this, but the fact is that it's illigsl got me to make a copy of that original disc...

Well... looking at it as a classic or a valuable collectors item maybe..... :?

shawty500
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 Dci

Postby shawty500 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Technically there is a legal way of copying games.....

BUT - you must own the original, you can create a backup for your own use, incase your original becomes scratched. However if you sell the original the backuups MUST be destroyed.

As long as you own an item you can copy it for personal use, as legally you are buying into the copyright to own it, however you can not forward on a copied item of any description, and selling it can end up in imprisonment.

So aslong as you own it, you can create back ups to your hearts content as long as they stay in your possesion and are destroyed if the original is sold. Making 2 or 3 backups of one game would be seen as intent to sell. there is no need to have more than one back up. unless the original or the backup becomes damaged, then obviously you will need to make another back up.

I hope this helps?

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

wanda wrote:Why would it be illegal if they dont make it anymore :-(

because you still need to illegally modify the machine,
the games are still under copyright laws

(and they won't work anyway without being patched)
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

shawty500
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 Dci

Postby shawty500 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:03 pm

andywills wrote:
wanda wrote:Why would it be illegal if they dont make it anymore :-(

because you still need to illegally modify the machine,
the games are still under copyright laws

(and they won't work anyway without being patched)

Its no longer illegal to modify the machine, as Manufacturers lost the court case, it does void warranties, BUT it is not illegal, as companies are trying to get a monopoly, it is illegal to reproduce and sell or reproduce and provide games movies and music but it is not illegal to make back ups for yourself.

It similar with the iphone, everyone thinks its illegal to jailbreak an iphone to use 3rd party apps and other various free apps which wouldnt be available unless jailbroken, Apple lost the court case in trying to make a monopoly market, as once a consumer has purchased equipment they can do with it as they please as long a they are not reproducing it for personal gain.

Return to “Everything Else”