57's first MOT

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

57's first MOT

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Well the little 1.5dci hits it third birthday end of the month, booked it into a local garage for a full service (checked oil grade synthetic etc) and an MOT, after an hour got a call saying that the offside rear brake was not functioning, the disc is rusty so could have been a problem for a while, possible caliper problem, but will need new discs and pads. :-(

after another 30 mins was told that the pad had fouled/stuck causing the problem, will just need pads and discs total cost to do work plus the service, MOT Parts and labour £430, :) nipped down to garage to have look at the disc... :eek

Happy days crack on the dealer would have had me for 300 odd smacker for the service alone :cool:

That night onto the tax disc website £30 for tax disc and heres to a year of happy motoring with brakes that are working a lot better then they were, not that i had noticed must of tailed off gradually.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Re: 57's first MOT

Postby Toosh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:45 pm

When mine had its MOT in August i was told the rear brakes were shot too. I got new pads fitted and the lip ground down, but need new disc and pads for next MOT. I was just being cheap this year :oops:

Can't say that i noticed they were knackered either.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: 57's first MOT

Postby wanda » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:48 pm

oh dear, my 57 reg meggy cc passed with flying colours even though almost 69k miles

Return to “Everything Else”