dealers sharing information

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

dealers sharing information

Postby nickbell69 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Found out last week that Ford dealers don't share information regarding servicing work with other dealers.
Took mine in to a Ford dealer with air con not working to be told the condenser was gone caused by stone damage so therefore not covered by warranty!!
Took it last week to a different dealer for a service and mentioned the air con and what the other dealer had said, presuming that my service history would flag up on computer.
The guy on the desk told me that this is only the case within franchises but not different ones. So he put on job sheet i'd had aircon regassed and not working.
Picked the car up to be told by mechanic the condenser was corroded and would be fixed under warranty.
Result i think as the other dealer wanted £465 to fit a new one plus the £50 he'd already had for regas.
Will now embark on a mission to get that £50 back as i wouldn't have had to pay it under warranty.

Presuming this is the same for Renault as well.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: dealers sharing information

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

yup.. it's only shared between franchises. makes sense since their business franchises by people. would you allow some random company access to your customer data? probably not. probably some data protection legalities involved too

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Re: dealers sharing information

Postby nickbell69 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Well get this, the car went in last week to have the condensor replaced under warranty.
Got the call and went in to pick the car up, service guy tells me "all done just a small problem"!
When the mechanic removed the condensor he found the damage to be caused by a stone, "so" he adds
"if Ford ask to see the part i will have to pay for the repair"!!!
When i said "they told me it would be done under warranty" he said that "the mechanic couldn't tell what had caused the damage until condensor was removed".
As i told him they had the car for a whole day 2 weeks ago as the mechanic didn't have time to look at it when it went for service, so what did he do with it all day?
I left him after telling him i look forward to his call!!!
Unbelievable it is, and there was me thinking i'd found a decent dealer.

I'll let you all know if they call :!:

Return to “Everything Else”