Thank you BT for being.....

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

Thank you BT for being.....

Postby wanda » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Bloody Terrible. :banghead

We moved into our new offices two weeks ago or rather should have but thanks to BT we are paying for an office we can not use, not providing us with broadband as we took a 24 month contract with them and worst of all not letting us leave to another service provider because of the contract. Now the best part is that the are threatening to take action if we dont pay for the broadband, that we cant access.

An "engineer" came out and had a look and reported the following " I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with the line in the office or the station near by but because BT only paid us for 2 hours we can not continue". Very useful information. Now we have to get another engineer to check it out. Meanwhile it has been two weeks.

If it wasn't for our neighbouring business lending us their wireless we would have been stuffed.

I have had it up to here now and am ready to go to BT head office myself and charge them for my time.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Thank you BT for being.....

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 am

They're blooming awful, I sacked them off for our domestic service just over a year ago and went to Talk Talk and they've been superb. One time when I saw something on our bill which wasn't correct I just contacted them, they took my word, refunded the incorrect charge and gave me some compo as well all done the same day.

Good luck with getting it sorted out :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am

Need more than luck, I need a miracle. :-)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:04 am

Might be worth contacting BBC's watchdog about them, mention this to BT and see what their response is? :eek

Have you tried contacting Ofcom? https://www.ofcom.org.uk/
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:41 pm

IainMW wrote:Might be worth contacting BBC's watchdog about them, mention this to BT and see what their response is? :eek

Have you tried contacting Ofcom? https://www.ofcom.org.uk/

yeah did. They advised to write a letter spelling out my intensions before leaving to give BT a chance to make it right before leaving :-(

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 pm

This is a fairly typical problem with BT and especially btinternet (and all subsidiaries). For some reason people either love it or hate it. Their broadband kit and so called engineers are in a transition stage between LLU and 21CN and ignorance. Neither understand what is happening or what it means for the end user.

Countless people have contacted me about this from another website. If you can get a router to connect at all - post up the stats - S/N ratio, packets lost, etc...
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 pm

I wish I had something constructive to say... All I can say is good luck but with that shower you will need a dam site more than…

P

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Have they not breached the contract by not providing a service? Surely that'd be the way to get out of it.
Did read a story a few weeks back also about the self employed guy who won a settlement from British gas after he sued them for his time having to sort their mess up out. He logged every minute he took out to ring them, write to them etc(obviously expensive as he was self employed too) they settled before it went to court.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm

A miracle happened on Thursday another chap came in and we are finally in business. Well at the cost of others my neighbouring business internet stopped working as soon as mine started to work :roll:

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:31 am

Lets hope that they get the others' service back up and running without affecting yours.

Did you get any compensation for loss of, or rather non start of, service?

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 am

Stranger wrote:Lets hope that they get the others' service back up and running without affecting yours.

Did you get any compensation for loss of, or rather non start of, service?

Yeah, three months for free, but only after I made a noise about it.

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 pm

At least you got something :tu

Return to “Everything Else”