Tyre-shopper BEWARE!

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Tyre-shopper BEWARE!

Postby ChrisM » Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Just a quick warning if you trawl the web for cheap tyres.
Tyre-shopper.co.uk do quite good deals on tyres, BUT the customer service if something goes wrong is apauling. When you have tryes fitted via this site they have them fitted at National tyre depots, NT will not do any thing extra to your car as you as I was told "a contract" with Tyre Shopper, that covers only what you asked them for, which is fine.
I had tyre fitted via tyre shopper, a week later one is almost flat, so I took it off and poped it into the local tyre shop, to see where it was punctured, to my suprise National tyres had "wacked" on steel wheel weights on the inside of the rim, it did not sit on the rim right and had pushed the tyre bead away from the sealing postion so it just carried on going down, not only that becasue they where the wrong weights a nice gouge has now been given to the inside of this rim!! Excellent!
I rang tyre shopper, remembering "the contract" 1st they could not find the order number, then they could not find the fitting depot, then they said OOOooo and hang on please I got a ringing tone, what they had done was put me direct to the fitting bay with out saying to which when I told them what had happend I got a torent of abuse off the fitting bay manager and was told in no uncertain terms it was nothing to do with them and I should not have taken the tyre else where, was called stupid and a few other names and then hung up on.
Re rang tyre shopper who eventually got a NT depot closer to where I was to look at the rim and tyre which took a lot of work to get them to do this as thier attitude was of complete uninterest , to cut long story short, the reason my tyre went down was my rim was rusty? Alloy! rust! strange but there ya go oh and damaged right where they put the weight, suprise, suprise.
Niether tyre shopper nor National tyres have made any effort to answer my complaint to thier customer service departments both have had now 2 letters/emails sent both ignored by each of them.
SO Beware! if all go well you should be ok if not you are on your own with these idiots.
You have been warned!
£120 for a pair of fitted barums, 1 flat tyre after a week, one torent of abuse, one slightly damaged rim! 1 story of complete BS about rusting alloys wheels.......was it worth the saving....NO WAY! never again

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: Tyre-shopper BEWARE!

Postby Ray » Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

our work uses e-tyres

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 pm

I second etyres but kwikfit are getting good on multiple tyre purchases, just be ready to be told your brake discs/pads need to be replaced even though you replaced them yourself the day before.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:47 am

I've used tyre shopper for mine and wifes car for last few years without a problem.
All fitted at National in Chester.
Went for the cheapest budget tyres and had if i remember rightly over 40k out of a pair of front ones, which with my driving is excellent.
Due a new set on mine in next month and will be going back there if the price is right.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sat May 22, 2010 8:53 am

I used Tyre-Shopper when the wife's car needed two new fronts just before Christmas.

Got two brand new Tigar Hitris tyre fitted and balanced and with a 2 year guarantee for £79 in VAT :grin ]

Excellent service from the local National Tyre depot and the Tyres are absolutely brilliant. Michelin have a large stake in the Tigar brand. They have now done over 3K and are amazing for the money paid. Excellent grip in the wet and dry, and even in all the snow we had!

ChrisM: Have you contacted trading standards about this issue?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 am

3 emails to tyre shopper customer service = no reply to any
2 emails to National tyres concerning the attitude of the Mochdre Depot Manager = 1 Reply telling me they will investigate further and contact me, todate nothing back from them

Trading Standars Contacted have got no reply from tyre shopper what so ever and National tyres have told them the incident has been closed as the customer did not take the wheel to a National tyre Depot so they could view the "alledged" damage and loss of air so there was no opertunity for them to inspect repair or replace the tyre. :conf

Strange really considering it went to the Bangor Depot for them to sort out, but having said when I asked is there anything to sign they said no it has all been taken care of, well I now know what he meant! No paperwork signed, no proff I have ever been there, clever, very clever! :sad

So to all you that have had "good Service" from tyre shopper enjoy while you can but as my little episode shows if you don't get good service off them that one time don't expect them to help you either, as they seem to just wash thier hands of any difficulties, and then ignor you and trading Standards completly, as for National tyres well they are no worse or better than any other tyre house these days, they all try you for either pads & discs or shockers, the one thing that put a smile on my face and wound me up at the same time, took off front wheels to replace discs and pads last weekend, and seeing the inside of the rim I thought what T *~#ers National tyres mochdre made such a fuss over the front rims having hammer on weights on alloy wheels, even called the fitter who fitted them a cowboy, shouted to me we always use stick on weights on alloy, these cowboys havn't, well after all that curfufull they used hammer on ones anyway! so what all the performance about hammer on weights and cowboys was about I don't know, lesson of the day no matter how cheap stear clear of tyre shopper and especially National Tyres in Mochdre, but it seems as I now know, most of the locals think that anyway about NT in Mochdre, I am now back with black circles, you pay a bit more but at least they back you up.

So I have turned quite a few friends and family away from tyre shopper, so all I have to say to them is :ner

Return to “Everything Else”