I love my wife

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Re: I love my wife

Postby onlyme » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 am

ulrich100 wrote:Ill argue that point. I have fitted after market HID bulbs and had the, aligned correctly with all the required hardware.(little money spent) I have but two weeks ago sailed through my MOT without a question asked. With a certificate of pass.(NI GOV run MOT centre)

Again, I shall never run with filament bulbs after trying HID’s

P

il back that up.
iv spent 3 years running a 2001 mark 2 ABARTH punto, i installed a set of 6k HIDs into this, and had them aligned. i went through two MOTs with no problem and considering that the 6K is almost blue... i have never been pulled by the police.

now taking into consideration the fact that NO mark 2 punto was fitted with HIDS as standard it is quite remarkable that i have had no problems.

:)

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:42 pm

MOT pass will vary from place to place as a lot of it is discretionary (like misplaced letters on plates). the fact the lights work and aligned will usually pass.
but i'd agree... HIDS from now on in any car.

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Postby onlyme » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Ray wrote:MOT pass will vary from place to place as a lot of it is discretionary (like misplaced letters on plates). the fact the lights work and aligned will usually pass.
but i'd agree... HIDS from now on in any car.

they are fantastic!

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Ray wrote:MOT pass will vary from place to place as a lot of it is discretionary (like misplaced letters on plates). the fact the lights work and aligned will usually pass.

Not quite, here in Northern Ireland we have Goverment Run Test Centers only. So there is very little discretion used. Its either spot on or not at all. Just alot fussier than across the water.

P

Return to “Everything Else”