air conditioning

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

smigsters
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sports Tourer 1.9dci

air conditioning

Postby smigsters » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm

We have a 2003 Megane Sport Tourer 1.9dci. The air conditioning just seems to be blowing ordinary outside temperature air. We are wary of having it regassed as we have heard lots of reports that people have had them regassed and that it wasn't the problem in the first place. Any ideas? : :?

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Re: air conditioning

Postby dougieCC » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Try Kwikfit, if it dosent need gassing or reach a certain percentage lower, they wont charge you. Does light come on the switch, have car running listen for a click as you press the switch, if you dont hear the click of the clutch kicking in, could be the air con pressure switch.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm

i should look at this too.. i had mine regassed and it was cooler for a day.. now it's cool.. but not cold. so my 17 degree setting feels more like 20.

other than looking in a haynes manual, any help as to find said pressure switch?

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Postby Starman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am

Hi mate.

Apparently right in the front depths of the car, behind the bumper! Bumper off jobby I'm lead to believe. Don't know how to test the switch, even if you can! Sounds like you're having as much fun as me!!! :roll:

Just bought a CD changer, got a lead and a code, plugged it all in, clicks and cluncks, goes quiet, can't get any cd's in! :banghead Accepted code ok.... What a mare.. :!:

smigsters
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sports Tourer 1.9dci

Postby smigsters » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks, will try advice out! :-)

Starman
Learner Driver

Postby Starman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Let us know what happens. I might be me but I can't seem to find many posts following up repairs or whether any suggestions worked or not!

Cheers..

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Nobody likes touching aircon
Its an unlimited fine to let the gas vent to the atmosphere
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Ray wrote:i should look at this too.. i had mine regassed and it was cooler for a day.. now it's cool.. but not cold. so my 17 degree setting feels more like 20.

other than looking in a haynes manual, any help as to find said pressure switch?

If you open bonnet, look down by the radiator (will be your left if standing at the front) you will hopefully see a little switch sensor screwed into a metal pipe, its directly in front of alternater, if I remember correctly. Its still a bumper off job, to remove, however only have to remove top bolts by grill and the ones in the wheel arches, and it should drop forward giving you enough room.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

Starman
Learner Driver

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm

There's nothing more anoying than being able to see something and not being able to get at it!!! Suppose it's still too awkward to get to with the bottom covers off!!?? I hate it when that happens... LOL... :?

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Starman wrote:There's nothing more anoying than being able to see something and not being able to get at it!!! Suppose it's still too awkward to get to with the bottom covers off!!?? I hate it when that happens... LOL... :?

Its simpler to take the front bumper off than bother with the floor covers. If you have done it once or twice the FB can be off in under 3 min. Then all the aircon wonders are accessable.

P

lauand
Currently Drives:: megane cabriolet

Postby lauand » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:28 pm

is there any way to see if the fault is the sensor i.e if disconnected and it is at fault will the ac work. or is there any way to test it

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Starman wrote:

Just bought a CD changer, got a lead and a code, plugged it all in, clicks and cluncks, goes quiet, can't get any cd's in! :banghead Accepted code ok.... What a mare.. :!:

i thought i had the same prob with mine but no......have you pressed the `load` button, after which the dash display will ask you to select a number,then press desired number on changer and wait for `load` to be displayed.
then shove it in. oooer :lol: :lol:
sorry if you`ve already tried this,but i was cursing too.

Starman
Learner Driver

Postby Starman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Nah. Tried all that. Even got to the stage where the display said "wait" (what for, i never got to find out!!!), still nothing! I've sent it back now... I got a lead, code, ipod lead, everything... Bugger! :sad

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 pm

onlydiesels wrote:
Starman wrote:

i thought i had the same prob with mine but no......have you pressed the `load` button, after which the dash display will ask you to select a number,then press desired number on changer and wait for `load` to be displayed.

How is this done? what does the number selection do?

P

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 am

ulrich100 wrote:
onlydiesels wrote:
Starman wrote:

How is this done? what does the number selection do?

P

CD changer takes 6 cd's. Selecting number is to let it know which number you want that cd to go into. Same when you eject you select a number before ejecting, unless as i'm sure many people have done you press eject all by mistake and end up with 6 discs popping out 1 after the other :cry

Return to “Everything Else”