Megane Cardkey Purchase

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

golfoscarbravo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5l diesel estate

Megane Cardkey Purchase

Postby golfoscarbravo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Like many others, I had broken the spare key and my second key was wearing out so I approached Renault to purchase a new one and after finding out the cost (and picking myself back up off the floor), I decided that I would have to take very good care of the key I was using!!!!

Then I found out that any good locksmith can make these keys brand new and match them to your car. I was at a Saturday market in Wellesbourne (central England) when I asked the locksmith who had a van there, he charged me £100 for a genuine Renault new key, and then programmed it with my key and car so that they both worked, and then he made the spare passenger door key for emergencies too. A week later and all is still working perfectly, much cheaper than the dealer price and the dealer had informed me that NO-ONE else could programme their keys.....

The locksmith is based in Redditch and can be contacted on 07879 443050 or keysmith@blueyonder.co.uk. He works from his van, so can visit if you are fairly local.

From a satisfied customer, and Renault don't seem to have many of them!!!!!

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: Megane Cardkey Purchase

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Then one morning you woke up and the car was mysteriously gone :).

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:43 pm

:lol:
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

golfoscarbravo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5l diesel estate

Postby golfoscarbravo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Well, I've had so many electrical problems with this car....it would solve a lot!

Electric windows and regulators fail regularly, alarm goes off whilst driving along sometimes, EGR valve, just look at the same re-occurring problems on this forum and Renault don't want to know. Last time I will buy a Renault.

colbarnett
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Honda Accord Tourer Sport 2.2 Diesel

Postby colbarnett » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm

BlueMeganeII wrote:Then one morning you woke up and the car was mysteriously gone :).

Very unlikely, unless he knows your address or the reg, & saying that i think if you got one from a Renault dealer, I think you will find that they would have more information about you and the car so what stopping someone from the dealers getting a spare key made.

I think that is no more likely to get stolen buying a key from him than a Renault dealer.

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Perhaps order a sense of humour? :D I've e-mailed the guy to see if he can replace the casing on one of the keys for my Scenic - who knows :)

Return to “Everything Else”