Crystal Renault Boston Lincs

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

essexpunx
Currently Drives:: Megane 11 1.4 dynamique, Renaultsport clio 182

Crystal Renault Boston Lincs

Postby essexpunx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 pm

The worst main dealer of any marque i have had the misfortune to purchase a car from (Renaultsport clio 182) poorly prepped prior to sale and several delays on the handover date, rude and unhelpful staff, was always a fight to get things put right (i even had to threaten going to trading standards) so much so it ruined the experience of the car for me so now sold and i,ve bought a 08 megane from the local Toyota dealer whos great.

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Re: Crystal Renault Boston Lincs

Postby tallpaul » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm

you from boston mate, i used to live there?
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

essexpunx
Currently Drives:: Megane 11 1.4 dynamique, Renaultsport clio 182

Postby essexpunx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm

yep live near boston, a message for everyone don't use crystals, salesmen are great service manager isn't. :banghead

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 pm

I went there in search of a megane before christmas, a guy called gavin;
He was very helpful and keen. Though he never found me a car for the price i asked him too look for.

Try Pocklingtons in Louth for servicing, i've heard very good things about them and they even wash your car for you when you've took it in.
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Postby Starman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi.
I'm in Boston. I have my company van serviced in the Nissan side of Crystals. Found them OK. I am going to pick up my first Megane tomorrow and I know it's going to be due a 84000 service in a couple of thou so I popped in to find out how much... :eek
All it is, is a engine oil change, pollen filter, oil filter and sump plug washer ok... Ready..... £197!!!! :conf Only 1.7hrs labour but at £129!! THAT'S £75.90 AN HOUR LABOUR!!! My flabber has never been so gasted... At least Dick Turpin wore a frickin mask, Jeez.... :banghead
I've chosen to go to my local Mr Tyre (they service my current car). I asked them to price up the same service, same parts, etc... £75 all in and he'll stamp the book!

I still can't believe it... £75.90 an hour... I'm in the wrong job! I wonder how much the "engineers" get...

Return to “Dealers”