Renault Oldham

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Renault Oldham

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:57 am

Bought my car off them, and fairly happy with their sales people and attitudes toward potential customers.
I did buy/order the car just after xmas so perhaps they wanted the sales!
got a nice discount from them.

Not used their service dept yet but they seem nice and friendly.
Ordered some stuff on Monday, not in stock but it'll be in thursday and they said they'd call... which they did about 9:30!
so please about that... their techie's seem knowledgable and are free to talk to you as well if u wanted.

so far so good.. will see if they ordered the right parts when i go to collect!!

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Just had my car into them today to get my front door handles replaced.
Gave them the car at 8:15, and was called at 10AM to say it was ready for collection.

On collection, the car was cleaned to a good standard (no streaks!) and the work was carried out to a good standard too.
The handles you can tell are new (they have a strange feel to them), and they're also the same colour as the rest of the handles.

The service staff were friendly both on the phone and in person - yes, even at 8AM when i was the first person to walk through.

so i'd give them 9/10... they lose 1 because my Clio courtesy car had a dirty windscreen inside. The guy before me had used his hand to "de-mist" the windscreen.

I'd have no problems going to this dealer for my 18k service in a few thousand miles.

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:04 pm

Nothing to do with this particulary dealer, but I am still amazed that in the year 2006 its a bonus if a dealer is half decent at all when this should be STANDARD practice from all car dealers?

Will we ever see the day when ALL dealers get 10/10 ?

I dont think this will happen anytime soon if a had to have a bet on it.

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:44 pm

heh, it SHOULD be standard practice, however, as its not commonplace... its a bonus when it does happen!

AndyAdmin
Site Admin

Postby AndyAdmin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:54 pm

gotta agree it should definately be standard practice.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Beer Reviews Beer Blog

It's Chilli up North.

Margaretdorothy2

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 am

:lol: just bought new Megan Expression 86dci from PGC Renault Rochdale, the service I got was first class, would certainly recomend this dealership to all the protential purchasers in the Lancashire Area. Seems that it is a small family concern, and one that appreciates and looks after its customers.

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Renault Oldham

Postby busternlouie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Bought my first car here, a brand new clio 1.2 16v (52plate).

Sales staff seemed pleasant enough when ordering, although some how my car 'got lost' in between the factory and the dealers. Had to persistantly chase up progress via phone calls. Sales manager filled my tank up as a goodwill gesture when i answered 'Not Completely Satisfied' on the survey they gave me when collecting the car.

Now the service department.... oh dear! Rude, condesending and patronising staff on reception, tried to make out i was crazy and also a liar when i said i could see my car in the car park whilst they said the mechanics were still working on it. I found a bracket left on top of my engine that the mechanic had forgot to refit. All in all a bad experience. I vowed never to buy there again.

Bought my next car at Bury Motors, another brand new clio, this time a 1.5 dCi 100 (05 plate).

Cannot fault the sales or service staff, bent over backwards to please me especially when the car showed up with door panels falling off, glovebox light missing and other little niggles. After these teething problems the car was an absolute belter, especially after i fitted a diesel tuning box off ebay.
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re:

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:09 am

Ray wrote:Just had my car into them today to get my front door handles replaced.
Gave them the car at 8:15, and was called at 10AM to say it was ready for collection.

On collection, the car was cleaned to a good standard (no streaks!) and the work was carried out to a good standard too.
The handles you can tell are new (they have a strange feel to them), and they're also the same colour as the rest of the handles.

The service staff were friendly both on the phone and in person - yes, even at 8AM when i was the first person to walk through.

so i'd give them 9/10... they lose 1 because my Clio courtesy car had a dirty windscreen inside. The guy before me had used his hand to "de-mist" the windscreen.

I'd have no problems going to this dealer for my 18k service in a few thousand miles.

:ot my mum used to do that with the back of her hand, one day she asked me if I knew why her windscreen had small circles etched into it in front of the driver, that will be your diamond ring then............................
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Dealers”