West Bromwich - Arnold Clark

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chris2008
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 expression dci

West Bromwich - Arnold Clark

Postby chris2008 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 pm

i brought my 1.5dci 100bhp expression megane (3years old 05 plate) on the 12th september 08 the sales guy was great they lent me his 08 plate focus why my car was getting ready but the afer service is really bad because every tuesday since ive had its they have had the car for repairs, reason being the first tuesday it sounded like exhaust was rattleing and the idle was lumpy, so i waited 2 hours why they done this. so the women comes out and says hi sir every thinks done i thought great, so i get into the car and its the same but now i hear a sqweak every time i turn steering well so the following tuesday they change the suspension mounts oh and to add they was looking at the gear bos because it was sticking in 5th gear, so i get a phone call saying the car is ready, so i go and pick the car up and said the the service guy everythink is sorted now then? he said yes, i get in the car and surprise surprise its was still sticking in 5th gear and sweaking when turning, i was going mad at this stage and they said well book it in to renault wolverhampton to get thim to check it over, so the following tuesday i went to renault and they told me suspension mounts noisey, off side front engine mount collapsed and rotary switch noisey,

so i went back to arnold clark and they took a look at the car again and they said they are gonna send it back to renault for suspension mounts because of parts warrenty but they cant find a fault with the engine mount and as for the rotary switch they are saying its not coverd by warrenty

to add to this every thime ive left the car with them they say we dont have a courtesy car until 2 weeks, what a joke, the car saw with them this tuesday 21st and i was really going mad with the guy in services when i go and pick the car up they said we have booked it in at renault for next tuesday and we are gonna give you a courtesy car because i think its gonna be there about 2 days lol what happened to the 2 week wait

i wouldnt mind but i swoped a 54 plate MINI for this megane because my wife is pregnant and thats another thing i was going mad about the engine mount collapsed and rotary switch behind steering wheel my wifes pregnant and they have sold me a death trap so what im trying to say is DONT BUY CAR FROM ARNOLD CLARK

what do you guys think i should do?

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: West Bromwich - Arnold Clark

Postby chevin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Chris,

Not sure of what warranty you have - but I assume you did get some. You need to put everything in writing and make a formal complaint. Some companies will take a letter seriously. I too have a local AC and the culture is such that I'm sure it will make no difference - little comfort I know.

On a more optimistic side - you can, once you have identified a problem and they've had a look at it, give them written notice (i.e 4 weeks) that they have to fix it, assuming its still has a warranty. If they are unable or decline to do so you can take it to another garage and they fix it, you're recourse is to take them to the small claims court for breach of contract and misrepresentation and claim the costs of fixing the car from AC, plus ALL of your out of packet expenses.

I. like you have an older car (x2) and Renaults original incompetence and the ineptitude of my local dealer means that these are the last Renaults I will buy.

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:24 pm

chris2008 wrote:so i went back to arnold clark and they took a look at the car again and they said they are gonna send it back to renault for suspension mounts because of parts warrenty but they cant find a fault with the engine mount and as for the rotary switch they are saying its not coverd by warrenty

the dealer i had my car from gave me the old "not covered by warranty" and after a phone call to consumer direct, i discovered what a dealer considers "not covered by warranty" is actually "covered by warranty". it's something to do with the sales of good act and the product (dosnt matter that it's a car) should be in a resonable condition at the time of sale and stay like that for a "reasonable" length of time.

give them a phone call
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

chris2008
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 expression dci

Postby chris2008 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 pm

after posting MR ARNOLD CLARK a letter complaining about the jobs they didnt do, they gave me a ring and have replaced all the faults that renault diagnosed an that was with out it beeing under warrenty because ive cancels the after care warrenty because its a load of sh1t

Return to “Dealers”